Issues with Alpha 9

There was a memory leak in Alpha 9 that has now been fixed, has your Stonehearth updated to build 2395 yet? You’ll need to start a new game as the game saves won’t be compatible. You need to be running the 64 bit version btw.

1 Like

Thanks so much man! I’ll give that a shot! How exactly would I go about updating to the 2395 build?

in your steam library,

• right click stonehearth
  • select properties
  • click on the betas tab
  • select latest, no key necessary
  • enjoy

if you dont have it on steam i can tell you how to get it

Let us know if this works for you! There are some great tutorials for installing this game.

1 Like

Soo I just switched the beta to latest and I launched the game for the first time. I put my flag down and the instant I tried to click n the harvest tab it crashed. I’m gonna try it a couple more times… I dunno

Nope. That’s not working. It’s doing the same exact thing. I tried 64 and 32 bit. I don’t understand what the heck the deal is. So frustrating!

did you do a clean install?

Yes I did a fresh Steam install. Still freezing after about 4 minutes of play time!

Hey!

When you installed the steam version did you uninstall the HB version? There’s been reports having both HB and steam Stonehearth can cause issues.

Also the crashing could be due to a system update, most likely your Graphics card. I had a quick read couldn’t see anything about system updates. Do you have any updates, Just check everything, Even a tiny update has known to help users play :wink:

Hope this helped in some way!

1 Like

hmm… yes it seems that you also might need Service Pack 1 at least a few people did.

Also, can you check if you have the latest graphics card drivers? Go to the AMD site and check there–sometimes windows can be a little behind in detecting new updates.

3 Likes

Alright there were some updates I haven’t done. They’re downloading right now. I also uninstalled the HB game.

Thanks for your help guys! Really appreciate it! I will let you know what happens after updates are finished.

1 Like

GREAT NEWS! It’s working now!! :smiley: My graphics card driver was not up to date. But I finally get to play!! Runs a bit choppy but I’m happy. Thanks @sdee and everybody else who helped me out

2 Likes