In-Game Food Ideas

Rodents? C’mon, don’t exaggerate :tongue:.

(P.S. In terms of cows please do not take me too serious)

1 Like

They are rodents, because they’re everywhere! Right?..

@voxel_pirate Could you make a voxel hamburger?

hmmm… goat cheese pizza? i dont think i’ve ever had the pleasure…

still, it’s plausible i suppose… :smile:

as for other potential SH food products, we’ve seen the giant pumpkin from the campaign video, so pumpkin pie is a must…

Expect the menu to be very diverse and interesting seeing as the devs are choosing to pick animals that aren’t traditional to most games. I could easily see mammoth burgers and yak yogurt parfaits fitting in nicely in this game.

4 Likes

Cthulhu burger, food of champions… :smiley: Though first you have to kill it…

Can’t you just grow Cthulhu? No? Oh well…

More “food” for thought (pun intended):

• What mobs will produce food or drinks?
  • What foods will be available?
  • What drinks will be available?
  • What will the cook look like?
  • Is the butcher different from the cook? (probably not)
  • Can you come up with any exotic foods that have a chance of being in a mod?

Bump for the cook’s sake.

no need to bump threads my friend, things are just a bit slow around the forums currently… :wink:

and just so everyone is aware, you can simply edit your most recent post, in the event you are the last to respond on a given thread, and that will effectively “bump” it to the top, without the need for making a new entry…

plus, its usually best to try and surface a thread, if you have something new to discuss…

in this case, i’ll make some drink suggestions:

• water
  • [stonehearth specific fruit] drink
  • mead (worth mentioning again :smile:)

Let’s have a pumpkin ale!

indeed, im sure some of the staple fruits and vegetables will be present, but as @Crobo pointed out, we will also likely see something entirely unique as well… personally, im looking forward to Stringen juice…

stringen is a plant, most often found in and around lake beds… it has a very distinctive blue hue… when ground with a mortar and pestle and then added to 1 part water, 1 part yak liver essence (and left to ferment overnight), it has a very profound effect on one’s stamina…

Is the yak liver essence a rare item? Or are they quite common / frequent?

if i were a betting man, yak will be fairly plentiful… so, sure… its a common item… the more rare ingredient would be the plant portion of the recipe… :wink:

A rare blue plant found in lakes, okay, I’m starting to visualize it now… yeah…

it gets even more harrowing when you realize the stringen is highly prized by the pseudo-amphibious creatures prone to live in and around the lake beds, making the acquisition of stringen an even more difficult task… :tongue:

Although once you have one of the stringen plants, can’t you just create your own lake bed and plant its seeds there?

unfortunately, the seeds have a very low life expectancy, once the plant is extracted…

Well we’ll just have to genetically modify the plant on the way back to the village! How good is this Stringen juice anyway? Is it worth waiting until late game for genetic technologies to unfold (proteins fold, genetics pun)?

by most estimates, workers have seen anywhere from a 10 to 30% improvement in energy levels and stamina (which in turns, leads to more efficient/productive work cycles)…