I seem to be lagging but am unsure why?

on inspection of pouldibry, there seems to be several issues. The first is you have some loot really far away from your town, on top of this, you have a chest in the cooks kitchen that seems to have no items filters but a bunch of items in it and the hearthlings really didn’t like this. lastly on the hill you had a bunch of stone just sitting there in your mine and your hearthlings were not even touching it. Upon further investigation, there was a goblin camp at the top of said mountain just milling around doing nothing also.

I took your furniture stockpiles and switched them to accept all, and a couple beautiful things began happening. the chest that was once full, immediately got taken care of followed by hearthlings running to collect the stone from your mine and then they found a way to the loot at the outskirts.

edit: I also encountered a few phantom mobspawns and the ones that did appear don’t seem to actually be where they’re supposed to be…?

1 Like

Pouldibry actually had its lag issue stop a while ago. I am using a custom filter mod thing, and i did have filters in the kitchen, not sure if they carry over to being seen by you folks. I have left them with nothing to do sometimes and they still wont pick up that loot. The stone was being picked up i believe, i had just recently mined it, but I believe my stone chests were full. The goblin camp is due to the quest line, which as mentioned above, glitched and no one has told me how to fix it.

I didn’t want that set to accept all.

yeah i understand it was just the way i ended up fixing the issues in that run from what I saw there were a lot of camps that seemed to be glitched out and I ended up having to find and fight them all before it seemed to correct the issue.

1 Like

How is that a thing? It’s like the game has a hard-coded DDOS inside of it. Should it not work more like a “tick”? So that if an entity can not find a valid path he pathfinder switches into a “tick” mode where it only checks for a path like once every 30 or 60 seconds? I understand that monsters have tasks that game wants to execute, but that’s more or less punishing players for clever placement, building proper moats etc.

That code has since been changed, but yeah that’s exactly what it was like. The game actually does (and did) run off ticks, but even then the ticks happened often enough that they piled up very quickly; and since they never went away the problem just got worse and worse…

Now, the game has been changed so that it’s smart enough to know when an entity (a hearthling, entity, or cute animal) can’t make it to the destination, and it stops trying to find a path until it detects a change in the terrain. Then it tries one more time, and if it still can’t find a path, waits for the terrain to change again. So, this issue was eliminated! :merry:

1 Like