How do you play Stonehearth? How do you plan to Play Stonehearth when its finished?

Right now, it’s more about testing some thoughts or mods. Playtime around 30 minutes at Steam :smiley:

As I’m not the big fan of the “full sandbox expierience” I hope, the final game will have enough RPG-Elements or mods to provide many quests/stories to explore. And after all Stonehearth will be more a game for 20 hours in row, followed by a 2 month break… ^^

2 Likes

I hope it can pull off sandbox, and exploration/rpg elements/ conquest all equally well in the end.

1 Like

I’m thinking a country on top of floating islands and continents might be a fun goal to eventually shoot for.

(Hello, Laputa.)

3 Likes

I treat Stonehearth like farming simulator.
The more farms, the happier I am.

3 Likes

I am really looking forward to the RPG elements and the exploration. I want to get attached to my citizens and see what kind of stories happen to them.

Will Mr. Burlyhands meet a nice woman, will they have kids? Will he become the great leader of his town to finally become a were sheep that eats all the villagers crops…

I am really looking forward to the GM element of the game.

5 Likes

Big fortress of DOOM with doomier Titan repellent defense, sit back and watch all the futile attempt to raid my stockpike.

Or build a a huge city in peaceful mode and make things run themselves.

1 Like

When it is finished, I wish for all my villagers to be farmers. I will own the internets biggest farming empire.

2 Likes

did someone say weresheep :smiley:

Im looking forward to the gm element as-well.

This game will be so sweet when its finished (its already sweet though, so)

1 Like

You may encounter a Caesar-like scenario if you don’t limit the power of the army…

1 Like

I play by attempting to create the same building plan for my settlement every time I play, though the plan has evolved over time and each new version has allowed me to build more of the plan and perfect it. It consists of quite a bit of farmland surrounded by buildings in a perfect rectangle. This rectangle can be surrounded by a wall, or any number of these can be pieced together to form a larger megalopolis. There are five roads and six exits.

As new classes are added, I’ll probably have to add a few more crafter buildings, but I have room for six crafters which is plenty for now. The houses the people live in are big enough for a couple beds and a couple seats around a table, nothing too fancy, but I decorate some of these more appropriately if they’re occupied by a crafter or trapper.

1 Like

That’s a very interesting idea, I’m curious as to how far the devs will reach into details and such… If they do go that far, I’ll have a good time being overthrown by my own military! I also plan to have a lot of it be golems, so that may help a bit.

1 Like

I doubt we’ll see any revolts against the player, you being the nigh-omnipotent ruler of the game and all. Revolts against the mayor you just promoted or the king that just arrived (DF-style), sure.

3 Likes

That would be VERY interesting.

1 Like

I moved 8 posts to an existing topic: What is your progression through Stonehearth?