Hidden Abilities and Classes! [Hearthling achievements!]

Okay… So from what I understand, you want the Hearthling to be offered a class and then if they accept and then switch out they can’t become it again until they are offered it again. I’m going to say this now, I don’t like this idea. I’m sorry, I love the enthusiasm but this just doesn’t fit with where I’m trying to go with this idea. The Hearthlings have earned these classes and I don’t see them loosing the abilities gained just because they switched out for a sec. What I do see happening is something like this: You have your Lv:6 Paladin and then a Grandmaster from the Order of the Dawn comes to town to recruit [him/her].
If you accept the offer the paladin gets access to the Order’s secret skill or it unlocks a quest and they loose that if they switch classes.

2 Likes

Last one for tonight! Here’s the Blade-Sworn herself Caldia of the Bloody Rondo! Aka. Sword-Dancer pics!

Also, guys I know I’m kind of expanding on the lore a lot and at least one of you likes it, I’m looking at you @Artain! What I’m asking is do you want me to expand upon that once this is mostly done? (namely in like three more classes and art for all of them.)

2 Likes

Is it maybe possible that when someone new comes to the settlement.
there is a change that he has one of these traits.

I forgot the list of layer names of the models that are needed to be divided. But you can check your stonehearth.smod, in the entities folder, then human folder. choose a body/head model into voxel editor and look at the divisions and layer names of each :smile:. I hope it is not too confusing :sweat_smile:.

Art for all classes would mean this is basically implementation-ready, increasing likelyhood of it being added, decide if to do for yourself.
Lore’s just too much.

Side note: I’ll try to make some art but I mean drawings. I’ll post it if it looks good enough.

1 Like

As this thread is getting popular, I’ll use it.

Please make a reply on the Quest for [name]ship! thread because I do not know if I overdid it :forlorn: or if it’s good enough :merry:

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been modifying the existing files to get these but I can’t figure out how to overlay them together into one file without remaking the whole head.

Also @Artain If you overdid yours then what does that say about this?:glum: Anyway the lore stuff would just be me throwing stuff out there onto a thread if you guys enjoy reading it.(not looking to get it put into the game just writing for fun! ^_^)

@Albino_Borito I like that idea! maybe not for the unique or mastery classes but defiantly for some of the special ones! I just don’t see it being added until the newcomer’s have regular classes as well.

3 Likes

I just want reactions, I did not say that I overdid it (just gaved a choice with two answers) , in my opinion it’s well-balanced and coding-ready butt low-end PCs may struggle with unlockables.

Please DO NOT misunderstand

I see well I’ll pop over and give you a well thought out response this time instead of a massive derail. (sorry)

Also here’s everyone’s favorite insult throwing meat-shield, (not!) Kaido of the Twin Shields! Otherwise known as Bastion pics! (No not the robot!)

Also got the head on the body! “huzzah!” Manually. “Aw, shucks…”

And I forgot the strap on the left shield…Oh well. (shrugs.)

Not much more today though…:forlorn:

3 Likes

Just an idea for FUTURE art: less symetrical? I mean, it’s good, but it would be more unique if it wasn’t symetrical (as in paint, not blocks)

Side note: Don’t be sorry

Yeah I’m just doing the game models for now. I’ll sketch them out later.

1 Like

Qubicle = bad
MagicaVoxel = Good, but can’t open files

Actually I’m using StoneVox! It’s really easy to use and when I said sketch I meant it, like with a pencil and paper.

And the saboteur is complete! Please give a hearty welcome to Shanda!

4 Likes

I didn’t even want to touch that, I just replied to that because it was the lowest on the list. Sketchings nice.

Okay, that solves some problems with modeling

I think I made a typo somewhere here

I didn’t even notice how tiring it was to model/re-model like that. Also, while modelling the “Statue of Cid” for the Quest for [name]ship thread, I couldn’t use the human male body model because the statue is kneeling.

Yeah I’ve been cranking out the character models but it is tiring after a while.

Anyway back on topic! So to all those WorldWideWeblings that are reading this, I’ve got a request. These classes all have their different abilities some of which are pretty powerful, some that are downright OP and others that add a whole new thing to the game! (I’m looking at you Tavern Keeper!) So what I’m asking is for your input on this topic, doesn’t matter if it’s class ideas or abilities or just a spin-off idea! Let me know what you think!

1 Like

Okay everyone, I’ve added a little to the unique classes and I’ve added Wolf-Kin and Historian!

1 Like

Side note: Very good ideas ! I literally don’t know how you come up with this stuff. Maybe do something like @Relyss in your post to notify them of it? Oh wait… I’ve already done it now : P

Hah! Yeah, good idea I was waiting for a bit more community interest first but that works! Also all my ideas come from my muse which may or may not be crazy… He/She/It is hungry though…(actually I’m just good at world building and a little crazy… for example in one of my D&D campaigns I have Paratrooper orcs droping out of giant city sized steampunk airships made by enslaved dwarves. You know something’s wrong when the orcs are the most technologically advanced race.)

Okay guys, Sorry that I haven’t been posting stuff but I have finals next week so I’m going to be gone for another week or so.

1 Like

I really like the idea that certain jobs can be unlocked, but remain ‘hidden’ until unlocked. Makes it really cool to see how many meals you have cooked etc.

2 Likes