Herbalist won't make workbench

Summary: So I’ve seen posts about herbalists not making/giving potions and hearthlings not doing jobs but in my current game I reproduced a bug that I’d had in a previous game where my herbalist refused to make their workbench. When I played about a month or two ago the herbalists were easily making workbenches and then getting to business, but I’m not sure if an update screwed things up or if it’s because my new games have both been Rayya’s Children? The other hearthlings have been doing their jobs fine (mostly . . . I seem to be having issues, now, with AI when my amount of hearthlings goes above 10 but I reproduced this bug with 12 and 8 hearthlings respectively, so I don’t think the AI issues, which others have reported, are the problem.)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start on Rayya’s Children, choose trader’s caravan.
  2. Create an herbalist.
  3. Have herbalist craft workbench.

Expected Results: Herbalist will craft workbench.

Actual Results: Workbench just sits in queue and herbalist prioritizes other tasks above creating it.

Notes: Just let me know if you need example save files.

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use: Release 860, Rayya’s Children and Debugger

System Information: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU, 16 GB memory, GeForce GTX1070

Yes, an example savefile would certainly be useful!

Oh no, it says I can’t upload it because I’m a new user. =/ Can I get it to you some other way? A .zip works, correct?

Sorry about that. You should be able to upload things now.

herbalistnoworkbench.zip (4.6 MB)

No worries, I understand. Let me know if you need anything else from me.

Thanks for the save. The problem is not specific to the herbalist, but rather it’s a bug with items appearing available when they aren’t. In that save, the UI claims that there are 5 units of wood available, though in reality, there are none. Harvesting some wood unsticks it, but we’re still looking into how the game gets into this state of displaying incorrect resources.

EDIT: Ah, looking more closely, in this particular case the wood logs exist but are on top of some scaffolding and for unclear reasons don’t appear to be reachable. Investigating further…

I just wanted to add that I’m not encountering this issue playing the Ascendancy with similar settings (I made the difficulty ‘hard’ instead of ‘normal’ but kept the merchant’s caravan option.) So it might just be with Rayya’s Children? I’ve made an herbalist and a cleric with the Ascendancy and placed two herbalist labs.