Hearthlings won't undeploy firepit

Summary: Since I crafted a stone brazier, I wanted to replace my firepit with it, and so kindly asked my hearthlings to undeploy the firepit (25:00 in video). The firepit did not get undeployed for the remainder of the video (I notice and point it out explicitly at 29:38). Perhaps it’s not meant to be allowed to undeploy, but in that case I think the button should not be present to allow the designation in the first place.

Steps to reproduce: Just designate the firepit to be undeployed, I suppose.

Attachments:

Versions and mods:
No mods, latest release version in Steam at the time of writing, version 0.1.0 (release 223) according to the title screen.

System information:
DxDiag 2015-03-20.txt (67.7 KB)

1 Like

Sorry for posting on a very old thread, but I am experiencing similar behavior.

I got a firepit as loot from a goblin camp. No matter what I did, my hearthlings would not loot it. I realized ‘oh I can deploy it and move it.’ So I moved it to my camp/town and had two. This was now bad because I was in the desert and burning wood 2x a night… so I went back to trying to undeploy it. Nothing I did would get the thing out of my camp and I did not want to move it far away because I do not know if hearthlings would go to try to light it. I thought about trying to interrupt someone carrying it but then it would permanently litter the screen mid deployment.

So I made a new chest, made it so that it was ‘all’ and put it near it, and finally was able to get the firepit into the chest. Now however, emptying the chest, I see it is categorized as ‘None’ and I can’t get it out of the chest without repeating the same trick, having a new repository marked all and a place to move it to.

I can only surmise that the original problem was because I had no chest/storage that was “all” (they were all specialized in some way) – I did not know there were unclassified objects in the game. Is this working as intended?

What is the expected behavior supposed to be, and what is the benefit of having multiple firepits if any?

yahhh I have this same problem also in the newest version of the game.

do you by any change have the savefile? Perhaps that will help the devs to figure out what is happening. On a little side note, i did not know you could get a firepit as loot from a goblin camp. Learned something new today hurray

It’s a problem with the firepit category, @Doc_Brano. Can’t find the other report we have from recently…

2 Likes

Without seeing code, after the problem I encountered with the forge last night, I am sure of it as I can be as well – that it is a categorization issue … maybe that it is a typo and the assignment doesn’t match any of the existing categories and so it doesn’t know what to do with it or it somehow missed that key-value pair. That’d be my guess:)