Hearthlings only do simple tasks now after latest update

Summary: My hearthlings now refuse to do any complex tasks. They eat, sleep, farm, and restock. They cant build or change classes. Strangely, my military units still follow my controls. Also, the building ui has slowed down dramatically when I move my cursor and try to place a block in a certain spot or a template for instance.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Tell hearthlings to change from a level three farmer to a cook

2. Finish editing a building and click build.

Expected Results:

I was expecting my hearthlings to change classes and build my structures.

Actual Results:
They idled.

Notes: I tried three or four templates and they didn’t build any of them. Interestingly though, when I was the template cottage for two, the hearthlings dug out the foundations, but then stopped without placing any blocks.

Attachments:

I have attached the saved_game file

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yN5rLWH31LNH0vYQx6KQ6gGysJ6sgdIX?usp=sharing

Version Number and Mods in use:
Stonehearth 0.24.0(release866)x64

MODS: Mostly templates
Tavern “Prancing Pony”
Smartashe Templates [for A24]
Ballista Turret
Finery
Glassworks
Defense Pack
Vasedro - Basic Template Pack
Merchant Guild “Door at roof”
Dragon’s Castle

System Information:
Windows 10 | i7 6700K | 16GB system memory | nVidia GTX1060 6 GB

1 Like

Thank you for your detailed bug report!

Just for due diligence, please try starting a new game, with all mods disabled. Do you still experience the problem?

@PercydaGreat your farmer can’t promote because the Cook talisman is inside a crate inside this house. The upper floor is unreachable, I don’t see any stairs going from the 1st to the 2nd floor, only from the 2nd to the 3rd floor.

Likewise, the stone is unreachable, I don’t see any ladders that go up to these stockpiles:

So they can’t really build because they can’t reach them.

Well…now I feel like an idiot. I fixed those two things and the hearthlings got back to work.

Thanks for your help!!!

1 Like