Hearthlings get stuck walking in certain areas

Summary:
I searched for a bit and couldnt find the same issue i was having here. Any time I have a hearthling walk to the flagged area whether it is to build, gather, or patrol, they get stuck here. Its not ONLY this spot but there is a small area in the area of the flag where this happens.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Command any hearthling to do any type of thing in the given area.

Expected Results:
Hearthlings get stuck twitching in place and will sit there until I spam “put town on alert”
Actual Results:
The actual area varies for where the exact point is that this happens.
Notes:
I dont have a video recorder so I had to use a photo instead.
I have also had MANY hearthlings get stuck in the same spot when told to do a bigger project in the area. Again the only way to get them unstuck is to spam putting the town on alert.
I would include more photos but since i am a new user I am unable to post more than one at the moment. So the bar in this photo is the average of what the bar looks like at any given time when they get stuck like this. However I have had ONE instance where the bar was 90% idle and they were still stuck.
Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
release 519 (x64)
System Information:
Windows 10

Hey there @rushin1032, welcome to the Discourse! That is certainly an odd bug. As you are no longer a “new” user, would you mind uploading the save game file where this occurs so the devs can check it out?

To upload a save, locate the folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

1455090990052.zip (8.2 MB)

Alright there it is. I tested it again before I uploaded it by sending my footmen to that area and it happened again first try.

I have come across a similar problem that involved Hearthlings seemingly getting stuck on each other, or even just thin air.

Summary:
Essentially, I have encountered an issue where two Hearthlings that are in the same space suddenly get stuck on each other. Instead of continuing on their merry ways they kind of stutter in place. Looks similar to what Hearthlings used to look like when they got stuck on furniture still.

The first time this happened it involved a footman and a regular worker, and the problem was easily fixed by giving the footman a move order. That got them unstuck. The second time it involved a potter and a regular worker, so there was no move order available anymore for me to give. Giving the potter and worker new jobs/priorities did not help, nor did promoting/demoting in an attempt to get them moving in a different direction.

My first attempt at physically breaking them apart involved building a wall where the two poor Hearthlings were stuck, but this was to no avail since my other worker got stuck on a corner in a different place (see picture). One of the two that were stuck together managed to free herself, though how or why I cannot fathom, and it left the other one stuck by herself. I ended up freeing all of them by digging the ground away from underneath them with my last worker.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Just play the game, giving Hearthlings orders until they get stuck on one another with a twitchy stutter.

Expected Results:
Hearthlings being able to move around and go about their jobs normally.

Actual Results:
Hearthlings getting stuck on each other, and seemingly on air.

Notes:
It must be noted that both events happened in the exact same spot in the map, though it is a space out in the open, so there was no physical entity they could have gotten stuck on, other than each other.

Attachments:
None right now, as I am a new user. I have the zipped file ready if you need it.
I do have a picture of the situation, if it is any help. Hearthling bug picture - Imgur

Version Number and Mods in use:
Version release-524 (X64). No mods.

System Information:
I really am no good with computers, so the best I can do here is:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, with 4 GB RAM

Hope it proves helpful. :slightly_smiling:

Hey there @Ragandar, welcome to the Discourse! Thanks fro the very detailed report. I have bumped up your TL so you should be able to upload now. A zip of your save file would be very useful!

Seems my save timing was off, so the save does not actually have the bug going on anymore. The Hearthlings have already been freed. I will still include it in case it proves useful in some other way.

I will make a new zip file with the bug in progress when I bump into it again, and upload it to this thread.
1456098593358.zip (7.1 MB)

1 Like

Well, that was quick. Two Hearthlings are currently stuck in the corner that the 3rd Hearthling from my initial post got stuck in.

Once again I managed to free them by digging out the ground underneath them, but this zip file is from before I did so.

1456144630604.zip (6.8 MB)

2 Likes

Thanks for all the saves everyone! Going to ping @Ponder and @not_owen_wilson to see this, not sure what might be causing them to get stuck…

Been meaning to deposit my air walking hearthling that I had to revert a save for. I have the save file of the air walking hearthling and should be obvious.

Have noticed in the same area that they tend to get stuck going over that 1 block gap, especially if you speed up the game; of course that causes sometimes ones that want to attempt base jumping into the pit…

Regardless here is the air walking savefile:
Save File

Oh. did not realize it was also large save file as well, just barely… 12mb roughly. Probably due to unfinished bridge among other things. Don’t worry the bridge will complete, it is just I did not have enough wood for all the scaffolding.

The main focus is on that willy coyote hearthling. I am assuming it got that way after using x2 speed. Maybe some other one pushed him over the edge per say. He just didn’t realize where he was.

need any other info, just ask. I have the moment before the bridge was initiated, I think. A few saves back…