Hearthlings don't resume crafting if they started (green item icon) and then ingredient becomes unavailable

@Maethendias, it seems that in your second savefile, the spinning wheel is not reachable.

This is a similar issue than when placing the beds right next to each other with no space on the side, the hearthlings can’t use them.

If you move away your loom, the weaver will detect that she can stand next to the spinning wheel, and will resume crafting.

the second save file is the one with the underground dungeon isnt it…

it SHOULD be reachable to… since there ARE no “direct blocks” interfering with it (unlike with the example you suggested if i understood you correctly)

Yeah, unfortunately it looks reachable, but in order to use it, the weaver has to stand in the long side. The spinning wheel has 1 side blocked by the loom collision box, and the other one by the wall of the cave :disappointed_relieved:

This is why I said the bed example.

Did you see him using it from the only reachable short side? The AI was stuck searching for the wheel. Also there’s very few materials to craft thread.

oh… i thought thats what the “arrows” are for when placing items like that… to indicate where the hearthlings “access” things

and for your point of “ressources for the thread”… yes, but the ai DOESNT update its craft menu to acutally craft pelts away into carpets (thats how i noticed this bug) since it is DESPERATE for whatever reason to craft the thread spool and ONLY the thread spool…

other workshops constantly “update” their “shopping list” it seems… so they dont have that problem

1 Like

There are enough to craft 2 spool of thread. And the leather order is below the thread order, so he’s going to pick them in that order.

The problem is because of the last outstanding bug from crafting (which I’m not sure if we’ll be able to get to it).
When a crafter has started an order, and one of their ingredients becomes unavailable, or the workbench becomes unavailable, they get stuck (they don’t switch to another order, they keep waiting for the missing stuff to return).

1 Like