Hi awesome community.
So I been looking through Discourse and found only loose pieces of info from crezy peepol to halp me. I was a web dev coder long ago for 5 years so I’m feeling brave. I’m super excited about this game and want to get into serious modding. I also have no modding experience I did get started already with making a comfy clay bed recipe and got it all working in the end, but the crezy dreamz will probably demand I learn lua and get in neck-deep.
I have a few questions, and if these are mostly affirmative, I’d like to set up properly to allow the crezy to flow through me.
- Is it currently possible to mod stuff like new classes with new behaviours/commands, or can only existing behaviours/commands be used to make clones of existing classes?
- Is it currently possible to figure out a good enough understanding of the api (assuming there is even one) to hook into things like gameplay events for triggering other things? You know, enough freedom to extend existing functionality without having to ‘hack’ it?
- How much is a modder limited by the current AI capabilities? E.g. if I want to build gameplay content that does not necessarily use any of the existing hearthling behaviours, would i need to script my own AI? E.g. creating a fisherman or creating a caravaning hearthling that goes off map temporarily to go get rich.
Would you be so awesome to help me get setup for myunrealistic modding dreamz?
- Lua - so I got Decoda, I saw links to lua for windows and stuff on discourse, but how do i set the lua stuff up so I can easily find classes/functions/attributes and run and test it for or in the game?
- I tried setting up the microworld for just testing addition of new objects/recipes but couldn’t get it working. just shows blank screen on startup and nothing in the logs. I followed the microworld user settings option provided on the github page but no luck. I could get the debug tool mod working though.
- What is a recommended way for me to start adding to/extending stonehearth to learn the api? As an example I’d like to add a fisherman (hopefully simple enough) class - could this be simple enough to start with?