Harthlings idleing too much

So i decided to move to the steam unstable branch, and check out what is new. I then started noticing that harthlings would stop and idle a lot more than the last update. Often they would start walking to do something, stop, then do something else after a bit.Also when they are building things, ALL of the harthlings building this house either stop to talk, or just idle, then restock something. I don’t know whether this is a bug, or just me, but it makes it hard for anything to get done in my town. :sob: :fearful:

2 Likes

yepp same here hearthlings idle all the time and building houses takes forever because of bad ai atm. hoping it gets better soon with the new building system

Noticed also that soldiers react incredible slow for me on the unstable branch to flags for move and attacking ect

1 Like

If you have a savegame that shows clearly worse AI behavior on Unstable than Stable, it would help us track down the issue.

@max99x I don’t know how to share save files…
:weary:

1. Find the save folder for the saves you wish to upload. By default, they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install). The save folders have numeric names, so you can find the one you want by hovering over the savegame in the save menu, which will tell you the folder name.
  2. Zip the folder.
  3. Right click the folder (should be a long set of numbers).
  4. Left click on Send to in the menu that appears.
  5. Left click on `Compressed (Zipped) folder).
  6. (Optional) Rename the folder to something different than the default set of numbers.
  7. Upload the save.
  8. If the zip is less than 10 MB, you can upload it directly. Either use the upload button or drag and drop it into the compose window,
  9. If larger than 10 MB, upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

save.zip (8.8 MB)
here is the save file. Hope this helps.

Playing on unstable earlier today. Had 6 workers constructing a building. Suddenly all 6 workers stopped building to have conversations, bringing construction to a halt. They weren’t idle, they were actively building. Once they ended their conversations they immediately resumed construction, so it wasn’t them hitting idle for lack of supplies to continue working. Unfortunately I was too busy exploring an expanded vocabulary to take a screenshot.

This seems to be because hearthlings have a social requirement. They will periodically stop what they are doing to have a conversation to refill their social need like they do with food and sleep. Kind of odd that they all stopped at the same time… but conversations aren’t strictly an idle activity.

I get that it is a requirement, I just think that they should at least finish the task at hand before stopping to chat instead of just dropping everything. In this case stop to chat after running out of building supplies and before going after more supplies. And yeah, the whole group stopping like that threw me a bit. Usually they are more spread out and a variety of jobs involved. This was all 6 workers on the same job at the same time.

1 Like

What makes this really annoying, is that when they stop talking, they sometimes drop ALL of there stuff, making them take time to pick it back up and resume building.

2 Likes

I think hearthlings should be able to communicate while building just like normal people do on their work while working. They should’t need to be standing face to face and very close for all conversations. But just how i think about it. In Rimworld they talk and socialize while working as you can see with their bubbles :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s too late for whatever fixes result from this to get into A23, but hopefully they’ll make it into unstable A24.

7 Likes