Game won't open after downloading ACE

Hi everyone!

I just bought this game a few days ago. The game opened up for the first time without any issues and I decided to install ACE for more gameplay options. But this is where the trouble began. The game stopped working after I downloaded ACE. I had to force it to close because the program stopped responding, and ever since I can’t get the game to go past this stage of playing the music but having a black screen.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the game, I’ve deleted the game folder from my computer and booted the game up again, I’ve restarted my computer to see if that would help. I tried refunding the game and buying it again to see if that would work. Nothing did. The ACE mods aren’t in my mods folder after all of this but the game still won’t go past this stage.

I really don’t want to ask for a refund again, and I really want to play this game. I’d really appreciate some help in getting the game to run again.

Hiya! next time you try loading up the game, if you hit this issue again try pressing F5 on your keyboard to reload the games UI. If this goesn’t work, did you install ACE through steam? If so you can go and unsubscribe from the mod and it should revert to normal.

2 Likes

My girlfriend had to show me where to unsubscribe but once we figured that out it worked. Thank you!!

1 Like

Out of curiosity, did you get ACE to work again? and was it the only mod you were running or were there others as well?

ACE was the only mod I had at the time. And I’ve yet to try adding it back into my game again. I jumped into the game and I’ve basically just been learning how everything works. I think I’ll try adding ACE back in once I know what I’m doing ><

Hey, so I finally decided to try using ACE again and I managed to play with it for a little while. I liked what I saw and wanted to keep going, but when I tried loading the game again the next day I had the same problem as I did originally. I’ve unsubscribed from the mod again and the game’s running fine again, but I was genuinely enjoying the mod and I want to be able to play with it.

The black screen issue seems to be related with loading, ACE adds a lot and for some or whatever reasons, some computers will sometimes present this kind of issue when using it :frowning:

I think it depends on the overall settins of the computer and how much of it is being used when you launch the game, etc. I’ve never seen it happen when using my desktop, which is a pretty good computer (i9 with 32 gb ram) but I’ve had it happen multiple times when I use my laptop, which is substantially lower spec.

Sometimes the F5 trick works (if you can hear the music but the screen is black), but it can be very frustrating I guess… Unfortunately there isn’t much that can be done about it :frowning:

Oh, okay. My laptop’s an i7 with only 8 gb RAM, so that must be the problem. I guess I’ll just have to wait until I can afford a better computer to play with ACE then. Thank you!

which i7
my laptop runs the game fine even with several mods added(including ace)

It’s an i7 8th generation. My computer’s an HP if that helps at all.

More a case of “what speed” (ghz)
I’m also on 8 gb so thats not the issue

Don’t worry, I’m on i3 with 4gb ram. Blackscreen is a constant for me. I just wait the music then press f5 once, and wait a little more. F5 reloads the ui, which happened to fail and thus leaving us with the blackscreen.

Hi @Purplerose128, Did you try the F5 trick I mentioned last time? This can help and is usually all it needs for me when I get a black screen :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did try that again and this time it worked. Basically what I was doing wrong is my laptop has other functions for the F keys and those were happening instead of reloading the game. But I figured it out and it works now. Thank you for the help everyone!

2 Likes

glad it works!

Argh those treacherous other functions lol yeah someone else had that issue before, too