Game won't open after downloading ACE

Hi everyone!

I just bought this game a few days ago. The game opened up for the first time without any issues and I decided to install ACE for more gameplay options. But this is where the trouble began. The game stopped working after I downloaded ACE. I had to force it to close because the program stopped responding, and ever since I can’t get the game to go past this stage of playing the music but having a black screen.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the game, I’ve deleted the game folder from my computer and booted the game up again, I’ve restarted my computer to see if that would help. I tried refunding the game and buying it again to see if that would work. Nothing did. The ACE mods aren’t in my mods folder after all of this but the game still won’t go past this stage.

I really don’t want to ask for a refund again, and I really want to play this game. I’d really appreciate some help in getting the game to run again.

Hiya! next time you try loading up the game, if you hit this issue again try pressing F5 on your keyboard to reload the games UI. If this goesn’t work, did you install ACE through steam? If so you can go and unsubscribe from the mod and it should revert to normal.

2 Likes

My girlfriend had to show me where to unsubscribe but once we figured that out it worked. Thank you!!

1 Like

Out of curiosity, did you get ACE to work again? and was it the only mod you were running or were there others as well?

ACE was the only mod I had at the time. And I’ve yet to try adding it back into my game again. I jumped into the game and I’ve basically just been learning how everything works. I think I’ll try adding ACE back in once I know what I’m doing ><