Game freezes if wall building moves into un-buildable area

When I try to build a wall, after placing my initial pillar, when I simply drag the cursor/end-wall into an area that has an obstruction (something that already exists as far as buildings, dunno about loot or mans) the game freezes and I have to force close the program. I figured I’d capture a vid of this. Hopefully it’ll be up when someone needs it.

Dropbox - Error

Same thing happenes if you build off the world

I also found this when building. If you just build a line of slabs that extend past the world and press Build, the game effectively freezes. The animations of everything stop working but the UI can still be used. It’s impossible to tell in the picture but the game is definitely frozen.

Also that weird shadow glitch on the edge of the world. (it was there before I built the slabs)

I don’t know if this should be a new Bug thread but I also wanted to add info because it was related to this one

I wanted to give an update to what happens in build 2521. Since I finally updated my game this game freeze glitch doesn’t happen anymore. But you’re still able to be tricky and build outside the map.

Part 1.
Build slabs 1 up and 2 across. After you build it you cannot add more slabs.
That ladder appears as if they need to build it but it gets ignored.

Part 2.

You can add “Foundations” instead of slabs. This will let you build like normal.

1 Like