Game crash when playing

Summary:
So,I have a problem.Sometimes when I am playing,the game will crash and the last thing I do will last,and it will go back to my latest save,I do not know what is going on and that is bad for me to start it at my latest save.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Just play the game and it will crash sometimes.

Expected Results:
Maybe the CPU overload?Game not complete?
Actual Results:
CPU overload?
Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Alpha 17.18
System Information:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3470 CPU @3.20GHz 3.20GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB
Bit: 64bit

Hey there @supersupersoso55, that’s no good! Couple of questions:

1. When the game crashes, do you receive any error messages, or does it just instantly close?

2. Do you happen to have a crash.dmp in your game directory (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth)? If so, can you upload it?

3. Does this happen with a specific save, or any new game?

4. The next time it happens, before relaunching the game can you upload your stonehearth.log (same location as the crash dump)? The log is overwritten every time the game is launched, so you’ll need to grab it right after a crash.

Hi @jomaxro ,this is the answer of your question:

1.Q:When the game crashes, do you receive any error messages, or does it just instantly close?
A:No,it crash and nothing appear.

2.Q:Do you happen to have a crash.dmp in your game directory (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth)? If so, can you upload it?
A:crash.dmp (1.1 MB)

3.Q:Does this happen with a specific save, or any new game?
A:I think all of them,as I play two of my save,and sometime they will crash with no error appear. (If I seems to remember correctly)

4.Q:The next time it happens, before relaunching the game can you upload your stonehearth.log (same location as the crash dump)? The log is overwritten every time the game is launched, so you’ll need to grab it right after a crash.
A:OK,I will do that.

Thanks for helping! :slight_smile:

Looking at your crash dump it would appear that AVG is injecting something into the game. Do you use AVG as your antivirus? If so, can you try adding Stonehearth to the allowed list?

Further, it seems that Windows Live ID is also attempting to inject something into the game. Do you use Windows Live ID for something?

My AVG AntiVirus FireWall isn’t start up yet,like the photo below:

Will it be the Window Firewall blocking it?But I have check,it seems not.

Also,I do not have or use Windows Live ID.(I don’t really know what is it…)

The issue with AVG isn’t likely the firewall, but a “browser plugin”. The Stonehearth UI is based on Chrome, so if AVG has a chrome extension that is likely the issue.

So I need to make an exception for the Stonehearth app to solve this issue?

I’m not sure. Somehow we need to prevent AVG from attaching to Stonehearth. How, I’m not sure. One possibility would be disabling AVG entirely while playing…

Okay,I will try it.I will also upload the stonehearth.log to you when I have this issue again.Thank you for helping!

2 Likes