Frequent GUI Lags

Summary:

The game keeps using more and more RAM until when it’s using about 4gb the GUI keeps freezing for increasing amounts of time. Eventually if you have keep playing it will crash at unspecific moments. With a medium sized save with around 15 citizens this happens after only a few minutes into the game. Looks like memory leakage.

Stonehearth.log:

I am not allowed to upload anything.

Attachments:

I am not allowed to upload anything.

Versions and Mods:

I am always playing the current version. This problem occurs both with and without mods and on every save since many years. It seems not to be connected to a specific biome or to buildings or to enemy locations etc. It seems to get worse with longer crafting lists and more citizens.

System Information:

Win10
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor 3.90 GHz
RAM 8,00 GB
NVidia Geforce 4060

Have you attempted basic troubleshooting steps here: Crashing on start? Read this! UPDATED October 18, 2016

I have disabled my AVAST completely to make sure that it’s not connected to the problems.

From a software engineering point of view, I would argue that an endlessly increasing memory usage in itself is already such a red flag that this should be a major concern in any future development plans.

Yes, there are memory leaks. In many places of the game code, not only UI.
Some times refreshing the UI (F5) give you a few more minutes; but don’t count for it to be a long-term solution.

However, sadly, development of Stonehearth base game was discontinued years ago!
I would suggest you look into the mod “ACE” and check out the ACE discord server.

I haven’t kept up with the details over the years, but I would guess ACE solves some issues.
The active “ACE people” are also more updated on what can cause issues and ways to go around them. Maybe they have other suggestions, too!

Best of luck!

4gb is a suspicious number. I would guess you are running the 32bit version which limits the memory you can use and when the limit is reached it crashes…
Also, using avast is just bad too. Nowadays windows default antivirus is better than these third parties, by far.

I am using the command “cmd /c “set OPENSSL_ia32cap=:~0x20000000 && %command%”” when starting over steam. It also goes beyond 4gb - this is just around the time the lagging starts.

I am using ACE.