[Forum Suggestion] Release-Specific Active Bug List

Basically, a thread that shows currently known bugs, maybe even with new releases, for bug poster reference. I understand there’s an active bug tag, but, last I clicked on it, it brought me to the full active bug page which didn’t pertain to certain dev releases and searching “2609” showed only a few results.
So for example:

Release-2609 List of Known Bugs

Hearthlings Idle [link]
Hearthlings won’t place furniture [link]
Hearthlings throw squirrels [link]

Ect. with maybe a short description and link to the bug thread. I’m sure the dev’s probably have one of their own (maybe?) but it could be helpful for users who don’t want to sift through bug posts, or just want to see a quick list of bugs pertaining to their current game release (so they don’t contribute to the duplicated bug posts).

Could help with dup’d threads? Might make bug searching more organized?

This might already exist, I am slightly new to the forums, but I also did a search for “Bug List” and nothing ‘listy’ showed up. :confused:

If so, I’ll probably be corrected shortly :smile:

1 Like

People sometimes make list of their bugs, but that doesn’t really help against dups.
Maintaining a list is expensive, since reports get merged, moved and renamed.
Also, we necro old bugs when they’re still happening on the current builds, so should they appear several times on the list? I don’t know.

What it’s really bugging me is the thread count for Active Bug category…
I just wanna make a new category just to separate the NaB, Dup and NLA threads. Sometimes a dup is useful, because you go there and find the real ongoing topic where all those dups have gone, and it’s useful when merging.

I also want to do a massive cleaning. People report the bugs but rarely confirm back that they’ve been fixed, besides the Bug Fixes list from the devs. And I don’t want to move them to Resolved without knowing for sure that they’ve been fixed, which in some cases is really difficult to test. Fortunately, we can track Albert’s and Yang’s posts and search for which ones have been fixed.

The good thing is that with all these bug reports devs are able to find and fix many underlying problems in game, that’s why they’re recently asking for savefiles and such because it’s super helpful :smile:

Still, the report count looks overwhelming to me x__x
I’ll search for the more or less recent discussion on categories…

Correct.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say they should appear several times, but just as some posts show an “ongoing” or “active” tag at the end, it would probably make sense to do that in a list too.

The idea might make more sense if there were a Dev-#### Bugs pinned thread or even it’s own category for each new build that is released; a new category would be made and any ongoing bugs still present could be moved into the next build list. I suppose it would be more of a bug archive in that sense.

The main point is organization and easy access, making it easier for users to know what bugs might already be in circulation. Obviously we have the very useful, but not always used search tool :disappointed_relieved:

As for a massive cleaning. Yes please :heart_eyes: . I’ve found bugs reported from build 122. It may or may not have had multiple bugs fixed, would have to look at the change log from that far ago, but it still exists.

In my opinion, being able to go into a Bugs category and see a sub category for the build I’m playing on that contains a list and links to direct me to current bugs would help me contribute to the already formed discussion.

Edit: However, that does seem a little more tedious since it’s not like people will be playing on build 2603 or below if they have unstable build checked on steam…so just a plain bug archive would be better

Thank you for the very detailed response by the way :smiley:

I was surprised not to find a bug report template when i started posting. something like

Title:
[release] short description

Main post:
Detailed issue:

Steps to replicate:

Section from log or error dialog(30 lines max):

Log file as attachment:

Save file if appropriate:

ahem

#Bug report template

Feel free to copy/paste this template into your own reports… thanks!

Title:

Summary:

Steps to reproduce:
1)
2)
3)

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Notes:

Attachments:

Versions and Mods:

System Information:

taken from this thread,

1 Like

I really think that we need to try stressing the [Bug ] [Version #] tags on new bugs. Should add a list of tags to the bug report template topic.

I definitly would be up to adding tags/ going through old bugs to see if they have been fixed, it is something my ocd enjoys fixing.

But I don’t have mod permissions on here as i do on twitch :frowning: :cry:

Does @sdee @tom or any other team member have any ideas on how we could better help you with bug reports?

5 Likes

is it possible, that we could get a thread that compiles all known bugs. the thread could be broken down into what stage they are in and any additional information that is requested.

if not, its cool. it just may be nice to kinda see them all together for what is a known bug and what isnt known yet.

I know I am new to the forums but I would like to follow on to this idea and enhance it maybe. It’s real of annoying and hard to try and find out if your bug has been reported before on the forums. I suggest a way in game to report a error that pops up. I have seen this approach in other games and suggest a feature like this for your game.

This way a player could just hit the report button and it would auto send the error report to a central location. You could then get to set up a sorting system to separate different types (and reply to those you would like more info about). This would ensure you get a accurate count of errors encountered. It also ensure that the lazy folks like myself (lol) that don’t always post our errors would still have their errors reported.

Thank you for a good game so far and look forward to seeing more.

hey there @Simica_Na, just merged your topic with this one, as they both asked the same general question.