Footman called worker

Title: Footman labeled as worker

Summary: I hired a footman and he is called a worker.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Hire a footman, I think from a world you’ve saved and loaded a bunch of times.

Expected Results: Footman is labeled footman

Actual Results: Footman is labeled worker

Notes: none

Attachments:

(Look at bottom left)

Version Number and Mods in use: no mods, a14 unstable

System Information: i use a computer

3 Likes

thanks for the report @FerretBandit, funny enough @sdee ran into this same bug on thursdays stream, so TR are well aware of it.

3 Likes

i noticed at points my footmen will randomly start working as workers, like they’ll put there swords away becoming all confident like, take a break from fighting, help other hearthlings then get bored and decide to go back to being a footman. Glad TR are aware of it, although its nothing bad. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That is not a bug, that’s the therapist UI. If you have no stockpiles and the UI says footmen can do it, they will instead of being idle.

1 Like

I may be looking at this wrong, But footman can’t do that type of stuff, At least to me it doesn’t look like they can :stuck_out_tongue:

On your footman why are you not able to check ‘job?’

Not sure, I’ve never been able to, I thought it was normal, can you check and un-check that? xD

@Stoneheartfan you are correct, it is normal that you can’t check/uncheck the “job” part for a footmen.

2 Likes

Thank you haha, Thought something was going weirdly with my game for a second, :wink:

1 Like

Hey I never noticed this before.
I am making footmen have patrolling as their job. In next unstable release, footmen will have a “job” checkbox. They’ll stop patrolling if you uncheck “job”

6 Likes

makes sense to me! until @Stoneheartfan pointed it out i actually thought this was already the case.

1 Like

@yshan, will footman having a job fix the originally reported error (footman having worker appear in the unit frame)?

No. The two issues are orthogonal. Sorry for hijacking the thread.

3 Likes

You’re one of the devs, you never hijack threads! If you want to change the topic, you just steer them in the direction you want :wink:!

1 Like

The footman called worker bug is now resolved on my machine. Thanks for the report!

4 Likes