Storing fences in containers like crates or chests makes them unplacable, even after removing them from the container.
Steps to reproduce:
- Build and place containers (like wooden chest or stone chest).
- Define containers to hold “defenses” (category “Construction”).
- Build a few fences and wait for them to be stored in the container.
- Try to place the fences via the “place item” menu (or shortcut “p”).
- Define new storage area (!) to hold defenses.
- Disable defenses in previously placed containers and wait for fences to be moved to storage area.
- Again try to place the fences.
- Build more fences and wait for them to be placed in storage area.
- placing fences now is possible, but only for newly created fences.
Fences should be available for placement in any of the above described situations.
Fences in the containers don’t appear in the placement menu, even after moving them to an open storage area.
Fences stored in chest:
No fences visible in placement menu (should be unter “Construction”). Please note that e.g. the “stone tunnel door” stored in the same chest is available:
Part 2, move all defenses to newly created, exclusive storage area. Three new fences have been created by the carpenter (on the right), the four fences on the left have been moved out of chests:
Only the 3 newly created fences can be placed now:
Version Number and Mods in use:
No mods, release-549, x64 on Steam