Factorio - Factory builder

I recently found this game and i really think it deserves its own thread.

Borrowing from their site

“Factorio is a game in which you build and maintain factories.
You will be mining resources, researching technologies, building infrastructure, automating production and fighting enemies. Use your imagination to design your factory, combine simple elements into ingenious structures, apply management skills to keep it working and finally show your combat skills in encounters with creatures who don’t really like you.”

The game is really complex, you have to think if you want to make everything work efficiently. While it’s in alpha (0.9.8) the game is bug free and with lots of content. I am really amazed that a version that early has so much stuff to do. From what i have gathered, devs are serious people, releasing updates/dev blogs and keeping peolpe informed of what’s happening.Also it’s super cheap (13$). And there are plans to put multiplayer. And tanks. And planes. And…well you get the picture:P You can try out the demo in their homepage

Some pics

http://assets-factorio-com.s3.amazonaws.com/img/blog/fff-22-biter-s-revenge.jpg

Quill18 did a Let’s play if you need more.

4 Likes

the first two images look like retro SimCity on steroids… :smile: while the third looks much more modern…

will take a look at quill’s video… thanks! :+1:

Well, i think they are from previous versions. I put some new ones,its better now.

This reminds me of Anno 2040. Any relation?

In terms of gameplay? I have only played the old ones, but no. In Factorio you are basically building a huge factory piece by piece.

What time is it set in and can I use any of the following:

Child Slave Labor

Cheap Mexican Immigrant labor

etc.

1 Like

I love Business SImulators, and I love owning a Conglomerate!

Bring on the Game!

You dont need those, you got robots and automatons to do the work for you!

But it is just not the same

Thanks man! I had a morning of fun with this one, and I’m considering buying it. :smiley:

Played this for the past few hours! Yet I’ve probably finished 2% of the game…