So i’ve come up with the idea that you know, you can choose your hearthling since the last Update and all, but still, something is missing, as for me , I think there should be a way to improve the skills of your people, because when you begin with some who only got a 1/1/1, and your new arrivals got mostly the same carateristics, i’ts quite frustrating. Thus, why not implement a way to improve those lil lads ? And of course, the way the learning places looks, could depend on the faction you have choosen.
Three differents buildings could be created :
- For the Spirit : Religious buildings
- Firstly, the Ascendancy Faction. Why a church ? Well, it appears that they have more or less the same background as a basic european, so it seemed like an evidence
- Then, Raya’s Children. By the look of their clothes, I thought that they could be from Eastern country, with a lot of asiatic influences, so yeah, a mix between a Shaolin temple and old traditionnal japanese construction
- Finally, the Northmen Alliance : Because of the Chritiannisation that occured in year ~1100, old pangan sites were replaced by wooden churches (See below), thus, making the dolmen, which were the celtics ceremonies places, the representation of this faction, is for me, a good idea, since it is an Alliance, so not only one and same people
That conclude the Spiritual part of this post !
- Now, theTraining Grounds, to boost up the muscles of our dear hearthlings !
- For the Ascendancy, well I took one cliché. A ranged training on the left, and dummies on the right ( Yeah, I know this is quite ugly, but I’m not one of the bestest pixel artist out here ! ). Giving the result below :
- Concerning the Raya’s Children, same inspiration. East’n’stuff. On the left, some arms training, dunno the name of this, but take a look at the pic below, might help you better. On the right, the “turning sticks”, as for in Kung Fu Panda. ( The gif will explain it better … :’( ), and the grey place is like a fighting pit, maybe with some ol’ fashioned staffs.
- Now, the Northmen ! Because of the popular belief, that Northmen mostly are barbaric idiots, well I decided to place only fighting pits, with brawl, shields’n’swords. And why not some horned helmets !
- About the Mentality, well, it’s quite conflictual. Indeed, I thought about something like a school but vikings in school is strange, so don"t get along very well. So if you have any suggestions, I am willing to see them, like really ! Do not restrain yourself !
Now that the graphics are done, let’s talk about the way it could work. Each building would need a “master”, a professional Heartling that stay inside to teach his fellas. So, those can be considered as late age building, since it took 3 heartlings if you want to fully exploit it !
- The Spiritual :
- The Ascendancy : Well, a Cleric ? With robes and all ?
- Raya’s Children : A monk, shaved, or not, with red clothes, to match the building
- Northmen : Druid, with long beard, maybe a rabbit pet, and a long staff ( Mostly a magician … XD)
- The Training Grounds :
- The Ascendancy : A sergent Instructor ! With a leather beanie ! And a leather shirt ! And leather pants ! Full of leather in fact
- Raya’s Children : Well, a Monk again obviously, since they are taking care of that kind of stuff too. But maybe some black stripes here and there, and a scare ?
- Northmen : With a shield, and a horned helmet ! Yay ! And a big, veryyyyyyy big sword
- Mentality Evolved :
Well, same as before, no idea about this one, so yeah, share your thoughts !
About the mechanics, well, it can go like that :
One day scale, the “>” mean “to”
1 > 2 : Take one day ( Thus 1 complete point )
2 > 3 : Take two days ( Thus 0.5 point )
3 > 4 : Take four days ( Thus 0.25 point )
4 > 5 : Take eight days ( Thus 0.12 point )
5 > 6 : Take twelve days ) ( Thus ~ 0.08 point )
Aaaaaaaand, that’s it. So I do hope that you will have the guts to read it all,and give feedback. You can use it freely, and improve it, like if you want to make mods or anything. I think that is quite a nice feature to add, maybe it was planned but hey ! I ain’t no gonna complain 'bout it. I used MagicVoxel to make the pixels stuff, and sorry if it’s not really beautiful, and if I made mistakes, since english is not my native language. Anyway, have a nice day/afternoon/night, and build good ! Build great !
(It’s mostly a rewind of DontCallMeSurly, but I did not see it before I wrote this very sentence. My bad )