Exploding Template

building
a19r687

Sometimes I will create a custom building, and save it but when I try to build it from the saved blueprints it will give this error.
It breaks on both the world I made it on and other worlds after that.
release-699 (x64)
No matching overload found, candidates: luabind::object load_json(lua_State*,std::string const&,bool)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function 'load_json’
radiant/modules/resources.lua:33: in function ‘load_json’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:361: in function ‘_get_rotation_tweak_xz’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:436: in function 'rotate_structure’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:562: in function 'rotate_entity’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:566: in function 'fn’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:172: in function 'for_each_child’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:565: in function 'rotate_entity’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:566: in function 'fn’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:565: in function 'rotate_entity’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:580: in function 'restore_template’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1616: in function 'build_template’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1607: in function 'cb’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1582: in function 'do_command’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1606: in function <stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1604>
release-699 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

Summary:
I’ve found recently that when I try to place some templates from past save games, they place everything, but the walls/floors, and then gets stuck so I can’t build it or remove it.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Enter build mode.
  2. Select a template
  3. Hit build.
  4. Place it.

Expected Results:
I would expect it to place the ghost building and ask if I want to Edit/Save/Remove/Build it.

Actual Results:
It places a ghost of the lamps/beds/windows/anything that could be placed from the place objects menu or the the build screen. The walls/Floor/Roof/Stairs don’t show up. I then get an instant Engine Error (Will Include as an attachment). I can select the objects, however the build/remove buttons are both grayed out. I tried using commands to delete the parts left, and nothing happens. It’s all the same when I save and load back in.

Notes:
This only happens in around 1 in 10 templates, and I can’t seem to figure out what makes them do it.

Attachments:
A notepad with the Engine Error report copy pasted in – Was going to upload, says new users can’t add attachments. Will keep it saved, if it’s needed let me know how best to provide.

Version Number and Mods in use:
ALPHA 21 Stonehearth 0.21.0 (release 707) x64 build
Debug tools are in use.

System Information:
Windows 7, 64bit. Don’t know enough about it to proved more info. If something more is needed, let me know and I can look up how to find whatever you need.

Sorry for the late reply, @DeadRiver.

I think those templates are somehow corrupted. Could you upload them? I’ve given permissions to your user.

Summary:
I made a Tavern blueprint in a save and build it there to make sure it was working. On the map worked perfectly. When I tried to place it on another save the building bugged out.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Custom Building Designs
  2. Select Design
  3. Place Design ghost.

Expected Results:
Deploy the building and proceed to build it.

Actual Results:
Error pop-up on screen. Furniture and duplicates of the furniture placed randomly around the location, no walls, roofs and stairs showing on the placed plan.

Notes:
The Tavern was made with a square outside wall with a post placed inner wall and a second floor that was smaller than the ground floor. The tavern was planed to be a dinning hall with cooked food storage, kitchen with cook tools and raw food stock in the other wall and the cooks quarters on the second floor, with stairs on the outside.

Attachments:

release-707 (x64)
No matching overload found, candidates: luabind::object load_json(lua_State*,std::string const&,bool)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/resources.lua:33: in function ‘load_json’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:361: in function ‘_get_rotation_tweak_xz’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:436: in function 'rotate_structure’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:560: in function 'rotate_entity’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:564: in function 'fn’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:563: in function 'rotate_entity’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:564: in function 'fn’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:578: in function 'restore_template’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1617: in function 'build_template’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1608: in function 'cb’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1583: in function 'do_command’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1607: in function <stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1605>

Steam release 707 (x64) no mods installed.

System Information:
CPU: AMD FX-8300 Eight core 3.30GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050ti
RAM: 8gb DRR3

@Oleker could you upload the bugged template? It should be inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_objects\stonehearth\building_templates.

Having the same problem here.
Unfortunately I can’t upload the file :frowning:

Welcome to the forum, @Grokosch :slightly_smiling_face:
I’ve bumped your user level so you should be able to upload files now.

Yay thanks

baracks.zip (75.6 KB)

Summary:
While placing building templates, I got an engine error that started with No matching overload found,

Steps to reproduce:

1. place template

Expected Results:
template placed

Actual Results:
engine error and ghost icons on ground

Notes: Here are the screenshots

Attachments: !

stonehearth.log (61.0 KB)

System Information:

Thanks for reporting this! Does it happen with the default templates or with a specific custom template? If it’s the latter, can you upload that template? If it only happens on a specific savegame, upload that savegame please.

In order to upload a building template:

1. Open your game directory.
    Default location for a Steam install is:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth
    Default location for a Humble install is:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Stonehearth\
  2. Navigate to the building templates stored in \saved_objects\stonehearth\building_templates
  3. Locate the .json file for your template. For example, if you wanted to upload the “Clay Dining Room” template, find clay dining room.json.
  4. If you created this template in a recent version, you will also have a .png, for bug fixing purposes this is not important and does not need to be included in the .zip.
  5. Compress the .json file to a .zip file.
  6. Right-click the file you wish to zip.
  7. Left click Send to.
  8. Left click Compressed (zipped) folder
  9. Hit Enter on your keyboard.
  10. Upload the file to this thread in the Discourse by clicking the upload button in the editor and navigating to the file, or drag the file into the editor with your mouse.

To upload a save, locate the folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

It is my custom template.

House 1[house 1.png - Google Drive]

Another Exploding Template
a23779 only debug tools

It seems to think that it is connected to my mason’s house and my weaver’s house even though they are different templates but have not been built yet.

release-779 (x64)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/resources.lua:35: in function ‘load_json’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:372: in function ‘_get_rotation_tweak_xz’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:447: in function 'rotate_structure’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:567: in function 'fn’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:566: in function 'rotate_entity’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:567: in function 'fn’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:566: in function 'rotate_entity’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:581: in function 'restore_template’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1656: in function 'build_template’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1647: in function 'cb’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1620: in function 'do_command’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1646: in function <stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1642>
release-779 (x64)
stack traceback:

cook’s house.zip (10.8 KB)

release-790 (x64)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘load_json’
radiant/modules/resources.lua:35: in function ‘load_json’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:372: in function ‘_get_rotation_tweak_xz’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:447: in function ‘rotate_structure’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:567: in function ‘rotate_entity’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:571: in function ‘fn’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:172: in function ‘for_each_child’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:570: in function ‘rotate_entity’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:571: in function ‘fn’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:172: in function ‘for_each_child’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:570: in function ‘rotate_entity’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:585: in function ‘restore_template’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1656: in function ‘build_template’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1647: in function ‘cb’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1620: in function ‘do_command’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1646: in function <stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1642>release-790 (x64)
stack traceback:
this shows up when i try to place my template and all it places is the chests ect scattered around they cant be deleted until a while after and wont be built or anything

Hello nagirage !
It would be better if you put this thread on the bug section ! :o
More visibility :smiley:

@Relyss :slight_smile: