Escape key should back out of save/load dialog before menu dialog

When in the save/load dialog on top of the menu dialog, pressing escape does not close the save/load dialog first as I would at first expect, but the menu dialog below, which makes the game continue while you’re still in the save/load dialog. I think it would be better if the first escape press closed the save/load dialog, and a second one then closed the menu itself.

58:13 (the very end)

Oh… is that the same as this report? Probably, actually. Why do I always find these after the fact? Perhaps they can be merged.

9 Likes

i kinda had the same thought in this thread,

should i merge?

I just made an account to say this, glad you already did :smiley:

Noticed that the save game menu doesn’t close with the ESC key while all other menus do.

1 Like

well this is kinda related to “clickable UI’s”, (though its not worth a merge.) and indeed the “new” save screen menu has been quite annoying for this and other reasons…

1 Like

It’s been this way for a while. I could’ve sworn I’ve seen this reported before.

Ah, here it is! It’s written as a suggestion, though, instead of a bug. I think this does qualify as a bug, given that ESC works for all other menus. But I’ll leave the decision of which to merge where to @8BitCrab.

I could have swore ESC has been backing out of the save menu this whole time. Maybe I’m just losing it.

1 Like

[quote=“coasterspaul, post:3, topic:14974”]
But I’ll leave the decision of which to merge where to @8BitCrab.
[/quote]i’ll merge, as this isn’t necessarily a bug, just a minor annoyance.

1 Like

Bump.

I was just about to report this but noticed the existing report. This is still an issue. My normal workflow is:

1. Escape
  2. Save or Load Game
  3. New Save
  4. Escape
  5. Crap, I forgot escape doesn’t close this window
  6. Click “X” on save screen
  7. Why is my game paused?
  8. Oh yeah, it didn’t unpause when I closed the save screen
  9. Unpause game.
1 Like

i totally know that feeling…

as i said before,

it would be nice if all the UI’s got that ability back…