Error reports on new Builder

Summary:

3 Errors occured, after I deleted one block in the new editor.

release-825 (x64)[M]
...hearth/services/client/building/building_service.lua:409: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	...hearth/services/client/building/building_service.lua:409: in function 'get_blueprint'
	...hearth/services/client/building/building_service.lua:1093: in function 'get_data'
	...s/client/building_vision/building_vision_service.lua:363: in function '_update_terrain_cut'
	...s/client/building_vision/building_vision_service.lua:254: in function 'renderer_changed'
	...onehearth/services/client/widget/widget_renderer.lua:101: in function '_update_shape'
	...onehearth/services/client/widget/widget_renderer.lua:21: in function <...onehearth/services/client/widget/widget_renderer.lua:20>
	[C]: in function 'push_object_state'
	...onehearth/services/client/widget/widget_renderer.lua:23: in function <...onehearth/services/client/widget/widget_renderer.lua:10>

release-825 (x64)[M]
...onehearth/services/client/widget/widget_renderer.lua:71: attempt to call method 'destroy' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'destroy'
	...onehearth/services/client/widget/widget_renderer.lua:71: in function <...onehearth/services/client/widget/widget_renderer.lua:34>
	[C]: in function 'destroy_authoring_entity'
	radiant/modules/client_entities.lua:25: in function 'destroy_entity'
	...hearth/services/client/building/building_service.lua:1023: in function 'clear_temporary_widgets'
	stonehearth/services/client/building/hole_tool.lua:179: in function '_on_dragging'
	stonehearth/services/client/building/hole_tool.lua:62: in function '_on_mouse_input'
	stonehearth/services/client/building/hole_tool.lua:19: in function '_mouse_cb'
	stonehearth/services/client/input/input_capture.lua:55: in function '_dispatch'
	stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:70: in function '_dispatch_input'
	stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:12: in function <stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:11>

release-825 (x64)[M]
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'destroy_authoring_entity'
	radiant/modules/client_entities.lua:25: in function 'destroy_entity'
	...hearth/services/client/building/building_service.lua:1023: in function 'clear_temporary_widgets'
	stonehearth/services/client/building/hole_tool.lua:179: in function '_on_dragging'
	stonehearth/services/client/building/hole_tool.lua:62: in function '_on_mouse_input'
	stonehearth/services/client/building/hole_tool.lua:19: in function '_mouse_cb'
	stonehearth/services/client/input/input_capture.lua:55: in function '_dispatch'
	stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:70: in function '_dispatch_input'
	stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:12: in function <stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:11>
1 Like

Was this using the hole tool?
Any other details / steps to reproduce?

Yes, this happened using the hole tool. Eh, not much, I can show you how the building looks like and the rough position of the block:

I put up 2 lone blocks ontop of the walkway to draw the red walls of the bridge. Afterwards I tried removing them. They were placed right were the red circle is.

The building is underground construction as off right now, so I cant tell if it broke anything. Game seems to be running normally.

I am playing with mods if that helps. Here would be the building template:
https://pastebin.com/d00suGjc

2 Likes

Thanks for the template!

1 Like

I just got another error.
This time, I made 2 walls with the new builder. One part of the wall was below the stairs(see pic). As it turned red and I couldnt finish it, I removed it using the trash can. Now I have the issuea that I cannot build anything on those spots where the old building template was. Reloading gives me this error:

release-825 (x64)[M]
...tonehearth/components/building2/building_monitor.lua:168: attempt to index local 'plan' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	radiant/modules/commons.lua:53: in function 'report_traceback'
	radiant/modules/commons.lua:64: in function <radiant/modules/commons.lua:58>
	...tonehearth/components/building2/building_monitor.lua:168: in function '_on_building_progress_slow'
	...tonehearth/components/building2/building_monitor.lua:157: in function 'fn'
	radiant/controllers/nonpersistent_timer.lua:56: in function 'fire'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:86: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:86>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/modules/commons.lua:73: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:86: in function 'set_now'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:126: in function 'increment_now'
	radiant/modules/timer.lua:13: in function 'instance'
	radiant/modules/events.lua:291: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
	radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function 'trigger'
	radiant/modules/events.lua:405: in function '_trigger_gameloop'
	radiant/modules/events.lua:453: in function '_update'
	radiant/server.lua:67: in function <radiant/server.lua:64>

Kinda looks like its searching for the building plan that was there, but cant find it and thus renders those spots useless. Also, the red block is still there.

1 Like

Another info: After this Error I am not able to remove any buildings. The Dust animation comes up but never dissapears, and the building stays in place (interactable by heartlings)

The dust animation might disappear if you save and reload, but I’m afraid there were some problems when destroying the building, and those buildings won’t recover.

Not sure what would happen if you try to make a new building elsewhere, hopefully it’ll work.

Chris has just fixed your errors in our internal branch, they will be pushed whenever we release another build.

1 Like

Wow, thanks for the quick work! :blush:

Got another error today:

release-825 (x64)[M]
...tonehearth/components/building2/building_monitor.lua:168: attempt to call method 'get_working_regions' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	radiant/modules/commons.lua:53: in function 'report_traceback'
	radiant/modules/commons.lua:64: in function 'get_working_regions'
	...tonehearth/components/building2/building_monitor.lua:168: in function '_on_building_progress_slow'
	...tonehearth/components/building2/building_monitor.lua:157: in function 'fn'
	radiant/controllers/nonpersistent_timer.lua:56: in function 'fire'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:86: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:86>
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:86: in function 'set_now'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:126: in function 'increment_now'
	radiant/modules/timer.lua:13: in function 'instance'
	radiant/modules/events.lua:291: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
	radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function 'trigger'
	radiant/modules/events.lua:405: in function '_trigger_gameloop'
	radiant/modules/events.lua:453: in function '_update'
	radiant/server.lua:67: in function <radiant/server.lua:64> 

This happened after I set to start the building in the picture (the stairs). As I noticed, that they oculdnt get to it, I placed the red marked ladders. After they placed the ladder, the error got thrown.

EDIT:
After looking at the error code, it appears to be the same as in an above reply.

More errors! :laughing:

release-825 (x64)[M]
...tonehearth/call_handlers/place_item_call_handler.lua:161: attempt to call method 'place_item_on_structure' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'place_item_on_structure'
	...tonehearth/call_handlers/place_item_call_handler.lua:161: in function '_place_item_on_new_structure'
	...tonehearth/call_handlers/place_item_call_handler.lua:91: in function <...tonehearth/call_handlers/place_item_call_handler.lua:81> 

It happened after I tried moving a cauldron into a finished building. Guess that aint gona work D: