Engine error - ladders & memory leak

Seems to be a problem with a ladder being in the game but not indexed or something.

Whenever I play my save for longer than 30 minutes I have to reboot due to a memory leak, it takes up 5GB+ of my RAM (it slowly creeps up to maxing out and potentially crashing).

1 Like

hello there @Aceria welcome to the discourse,

i embedded the picture for you :smile:

could you perhaps give a bit more info?

• what are your system specs

• do you use the steam or humble bundle download?

• if steam, do you use the “unstable builds” (opted into betas)

• do yoiu use the 64-bit or 32-bit version of the game

2 Likes
  • Windows 8.1 Pro, i5-4430 @ 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, 64 bit (obviously), AMD Radeon HD 5700
  • Steam
  • Using the unstable build, however I had the same problems in the regular build
  • 64 bit version

alright, could you post the contents of your stonehearth.log?

edit: im also just going to page @Albert @not_owen_wilson @sdee as the memory leak was thought to have been fixed a few alphas back.

2 Likes

Ah, so that’s the new error window! Much nicer.

3 Likes

Here’s the log, I can also send over the savegame (which should allow you to see the memory leak in action after several minutes).

1 Like

Yes! Please upload your save game. Thanks!

5 Likes

Here you go: Dropbox - Link not found

if you do happen to find out why I keep getting the errors and it’s fixable by deleting certain objects, could you please notify me? I was just starting to like that town :<

2 Likes

@Aceria - That’s quite a nice little town you have going there! No promises, but there’s a chance the next patch could save your town.

3 Likes

It’s quite alright, just get it fixed so that any future towns won’t get #rekt by errors.

And if it does work I’ll finally get to start building a sweet castle.