You know, when you put a lot of time in game, you realize that something is missing. You can build bigger town, dig more gold (why not? I love to collect gold bars), and fight with goblins and other easy monsters and do it as far as your PC can handle it. My biggest town have 33 heartlings and something around half of them was soldiers (hard mode), and I just bored with them, how many houses I can build in one city? Perfect solution for that will be some sort of grinding, except useless tones of roasted mutton, and net worth.
First should appear in game infinite lvl for soldiers, really hard to achieve new lvl but to have some rewards for killing stronger enemies. Now when you promote four footman’s in the same time, they will have lvl 6 after two- three combats, and your power increase enough to stop care for that for next 10 new settlers. Just like that, how someone who have 3 fights can be the same badass, like a knight who was one of yours first settler? That is crazy.
For now it’s useless, but for this what is below, there should be a system to customize your heartlings equipment. More randomise in items, stats, and effects, can be achieved differently, by making swords from better materials(like boss loot), enchanting, eating souls or something even more crazy. I decide to count on enchanting for this game, because it’s doesn’t require any random generating of items, and look lore friendly.
Now I will just paste a note created before with my concept of that idea, and some explanations, probably something will duplicate with this text above, really sorry ;).
Stoneheart project 1
- Ability to change soldiers equipment by player.
- More loot from monsters.
3. Enchanter can utilize monster loot to gain energy*, and element crystal*.
4. Enchanter can use gained energy, and element crystal to boost weapons and armours.
5. It can fail, all components will be destroyed.
6. Can use Will Notes*, energy and element crystals to create magic turrets* and golems*
Scriber can use energy from monster loot, potions, and powders*, created by high level herbalist, to create amulets* and talismans* for civilians.
Scriber can produce Will Notes.
Reasons why this should be implemented are simple. Firstly, it will imput grind element to the game, to give player more fun from fight and improving soldiers, like in RPG games.
Second is that how difficult is to keep your heartling alive on hard mode. Using scout gong to stronger enemies is too scary, even if 13 of your 30 heartling are lvl 6 soldiers. Purple and red kobolds are too strong for them if come in bigger party.
It should be a, end-game and mid-game stuff. Now endgame is the most missing part of the game. This crafting process will need four high level crafters: herbalist, potter, enchanter and scriber in the same time to slow everything down.
-It should be an number status assigned to enchanter workbench.
-They will occasional drop as a reward for mostly every action in game, like farming, fight, dig, construction, cutting trees, crafting. They will determine what kind of enchant you can put.
- Will closed on paper, magic processor to make not live parts work nicely.
- Weird groups of mechanical part floating around, deadly for your enemies
-Pretty statues make out of everything, its just a decoration, and smashing enemies who will come close enough.
-Powdered herbs show a little of magic activity.
-You can place them, affect on nearby heatlings.
-Thing to protect civilians from kobolds arrows. Strong enemies can wipe out your miners or porter on log trip just appearing on they way. So they need some help before soldiers can come. Every second is important here. It can also help them in work.
List of items:
- Energy Crystal
- Enchanter Workshop
- Scriber Desk
-Monster drops- (With number of energy, what you can gain from them)
- Ogre Bone (ogres, exist alredy) (70)
- Goblin Ear (goblins all) (10)
- Old Skeleton Bone (Skeleton) (20)
- Zombie Flesh (Zombie all) (20)
- Leaving Stick (Small entling) (_5)
- Leaving Branch (Entling) (25)
- Slate Rock (Little Stone Golem) (_5)
- Stone Heart (Stone Golem) (65)
- Necromant cape (Necromant) (30)
- Ork Teeth (orks) (40)
- Kobold Fur (Kobolds) (50)
- Varanus Hide (Varanus, exist alredy) (10)
- Wolves tail (All Wolves) (15)
- Brown Tail (Kobold Wolves) (25)
- Powders (Different for all herbs) (Herbalist)
- Strips of Cloth (Scriber)
- Copper Talisman (Blacksmith)
- Bronze Talisman (Blacksmith)
- Iron Talisman (Blacksmith)
- Silver Talisman (Blacksmith)
- Gold Talisman (Blacksmith)
- Bone Talisman (Blacksmith)
- Wood Golem (Carpenter)
- Stone Golem (Mason)
- Clay Golem (Potter)
- Iron Golem (Blacksmith)
- Steal Golem (Blacksmith)
- Bone Golem (Enchanter)
- Element Crystal-
- Wild Crystal (Farming, Cutting Trees, Harvesting Plants)
- Earth Crystal (Diging)
- Life Crystal (Combat, Harvesting animals, Dead heatlings)
- Energy Crystal (Crafting, Building)
- Metal Crystal (Smelting Metals)
All of that is one of many ways to make this game more addictive. Now it’s just a powerful world with no content for long games. Hope it will give you some ideas. If someone have another vision of similar update I will be glad to read about it