Dragon Fin Soup - Tactical Roguelike RPG

Hello Everyone! Ash Monif here! My long-time friend and partner Randis Albion came together to form a new indie game studio called Grimm Bros.  We’ve been hard at work for over a year now and are proud to share with you our debut title - Dragon Fin Soup!

Dragon Fin Soup is a classic console RPG which blends together Tactical Action & Roguelike elements set in a charming, twisted, dark, fairy tale inspired world.

Key Features:

• SNES style 2D Fairy Tale World in Full HD
  • Procedurally Generated Dungeons
  • Tactical Decision Making
  • Form parties with NPCs
  • Deep RPG Combat Systems
  • Extensive Crafting & Armory
  • Mini-Games such as Fishing & Rune Tracking
  • Day & Night cycles with random weather
  • And much much more![/size]

Check out our latest Alpha trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkNiRbPgb-w

Dragon Fin Soup is a hybrid experience that combines both turn-based dungeon crawl exploration and persistent story progression. Dragon Fin Soup comes with 2 distinct game modes. You can choose to unravel the tale of your chosen character in Story Mode. Survival Mode plays a classic roguelike with permanent death. The 1st tale begins with Red Robin, a cheerful yet raging alcoholic whose dark bloody past has come back to haunt her with a vengeance…

Grimm Bros is a micro indie studio of five veteran devs. Our small team has been working on Dragon Fin Soup for over a year with the help and support of our amazing friends and family. We have 3 great programmers, a freelance composer, and one guy who is doing ALL the graphics, sfx, and design!

In order to make the game really shine and add exciting new features and polish we launched a Kickstarter campaign with cool prizes and exclusive content for our backers! We hope you can check out our Kickstarter and talk to us. Send us your comments, ideas, or whatnot.  Any support is deeply appreciated. As a small indie with our limited resources its tough getting the word out.

Thank you so much for all of your time and consideration!

Here is the link to our Kickstarter campaign!
Dragon Fin Soup by Grimm Bros —Kickstarter

Ash Monif
Grimm Bros, LLC

1 Like

Seems interesting. I’ll look it up. :smile:

welcome aboard @GrimmBros/Ash! :smile:

i’m embarrassed to admit, but I was just on your campaign page yesterday (caught wind from a friend on another forum)… I try to show as much love for KS campaign as I can, but I completely forgot to plug DFS!!

I wish you guys the best, and I know ill be watching the campaign as it progresses! :+1:

I’ve already backed you guys. I can’t wait to see if we can reached those stretched goals.

@ Epic Dwarf

Indeed we think so too! DFS has everything we like about JRPGs and Rouglikes mixed together.

@ Steve Admao
Thanks Steve! We REALLY appreciate all of your helps and support, it means a lot to us.

We are getting pretty close now so hopefully we can reach our initial funding goal soon and start making headway to our stretch goals :smile:

@ Skull24

Thanks for backing us! The stretch goal that I’m personally excited to reach is Morgiana - from Ali Baba and the Forty Theives. How about you?

absolutely… the more love that can be spread to the indie community, the better! :smile:

again, best of luck on the campaign… it certainly seems like you will destroy your objective at this point! :+1:

Hey Everyone -

Thanks for your support we have some exciting new updates to share!

We are in the Top 50 in Steam Greenlight and already 75%+ towards our initial goal on Kickstarter! This is insanely exciting for us and as a thank you to all who backed us and others who believe in us we are sharing with you a FREE Dragon Fin Soup Wallpaper!

You can download the wallpaper at multiple resolutions here: http://dragonfinsoup.com/wallpaper.html

Enjoy!

• Ash and Randis
1 Like

The game looks really interesting, just watched the Alpha trailer on Youtube and for some reason I’m instantly thinking about Secret of Evermore and Alundra … no idea why … anyway it looks great so far and Ill definitely be keeping tabs on how you progress.

This might have already been answered so apologies if I’m making you repeat yourselves, but have you given any thought to porting to Xbox One?

You might already be aware but you could apply for the ID@Xbox program here: http://www.xbox.com/Developers/id

1 Like

Hey Everyone -

Fantastic news in this update!

Our game has been Greenlit on Steam and our Kickstarter has reached its goal with 22 days left to spare! However we want to keep the backing going because we really hope to reach some of our stretch goals. For example one of the features we would love to add is Morgiana from the Fairy Tale of Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves as a playable character! Morgiana will be a dual wielding Assassin class that will come a range of new weapons featuring Katana, Dao, Ōdachi, Katar, Sai, Kunai and other cool weapons.

Enslaved and trained as an Assassin and dancer Morgiana was used as a deadly weapon for as long as she remembers, until one day when she decided to turn her sharp blades against her oppressors. Her signature moves are short-range shadow teleportation and backstabbing. As a playable character Morgiana will have unique abilities and distinct play style.

Please share with your friends and support our Kickstarter to help bring this character to life!

-Ash and Randis

Oh wow, I saw you guys at PAX Prime and I’ve been really interested in how this has been coming along!

Great to hear you’ve reached your goal!