Discourse changed to "Discussion"?

That sound pretty sweet! Hmm, Official Steam Launch… Nice! Hope this works out, should increase the recognition that ‘TR’ rightly deserves GL!

2 Likes

I like the new look. Its so fancy :wink:

2 Likes

I think I know where this is heading and just before we start… Can I keep this (or even the old) theme? I’m kind of attached to it by now. I don’t like change.

6 Likes

i know how you feel. one of my favorite lego sites, Brickset, changed its theme a few months back. and im still not accustomed to the different look and feel of it…

4 Likes

also, im worried that if the change is to big the awesome community might crumble, ive seen it happen before…

1 Like

Personally, I’m more worried about the flood of non-testers when they go to Steam. I’ve noticed that right now, there’s maybe a dozen or so of us that are dedicated bug reporters (some more so than others) that will confirm a bug before double posting about it, and every once in a while we get that new guy to the board that double posts a hand full of already posted bugs.

Basically, how spam flooded will the current system be when they join?

2 Likes

thats my other fear…

I would rather not talk about Steam Early Access at this point. The community is, due to Valve’s announcement of paid mods, pretty upset in regard of anything related to Steam - microtransactions, paid mods, early access, some even the idea of the workshop itself.

Let’s be honest: Stonehearth would be torn apart in its current state. You can’t play it for more than a few hours at a time, there’s ground breaking bugs, it doesn’t exactly have a lot of features (and especially not even a majority of what’s been promised in the Kickstarter) and above all, that’s to be expected. These days, you can’t get far with “Look! Our game is modable!” because it’s not a nice-to-have anymore, it’s almost a requirement. Its greatest strength is currently its biggest weakness.

So putting a semi-playable Alpha into Early Access right now is a sure way to get your and your game’s reputation ruined. Especially because nobody cared for the Greenlight entry on Steam - it gives you a taste of what the early access page would be like.

2 Likes

Only reason I brought it up was because Tom had mentioned in his stream that they may go to Steam Early Access after the next couple releases. And let’s face it, based off their current rate, that’d basically be by Halloween at the latest.

I think I speak for most of the community when I say that we won’t crumble unless they make it free-to-play.

6 Likes

As fond as I am of frozen waffles, @SteveAdamo, I never worked for Kellogg’s. It is true, however, that I was an executive at LEGO…

6 Likes

so if the website is gonna get updated, does that also mean the [media][1] section will be updated to have all the current wallpapers? because im one of those people that just love to look through artwork.

edit: or will this all be revealed in due time, and i should just keep my questions for later.
[1]: http://stonehearth.net/media/

2 Likes

I would be so down for this if it were more… obvious
I thought discussion just somehow took you to the general discussion area(don’t think it’s split into sections tho?)
and i clicked Stonehearth at the top at least 10 times since the change, which aggravates me greatly… :expressionless:

3 Likes