Disappearing Buildings!

Summary:
I built a nice house and work space for my Geomancer. After about 4 hours of game time the whole building just disappeared! This happened to another house I had built earlier. The first house was a template from a mod but the Geomancer’s house was the Ascendancy’s Blacksmith house. All of the furniture and stuff inside is gone too. The Geomancer workbench I had placed in there myself and was not part of construction but it’s gone too. Don’t know if I can keep trying to build my city if buildings are gonna keep disappearing on me.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Build a house
  2. Wait a few hours
  3. Try not to cry when it happens

Expected Results:
Building not disappearing into thin air.
Actual Results:
Building disappearing into thin air.
Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Latest version
A lot of mods
System Information:

1 Like

@davespil, could you upload that savefile? Are you on the unstable version or the stable one?

Did you press the destroy building button at any moment? Or use the clear tool perhaps?

Were you using the building vision widget or x-ray/slice modes?

If it’s an already built house, it shouldn’t disappear so suddenly. There’s a tentacle from the titan that can destroy buildings, but you didn’t mention fighting the titan so I assume that’s not it.

I wasn’t fighting the titan and I never clicked on destroy the building. The house was built for over a month. I’ve played several hours since it happened and I’ve rebuilt the house. Do you still want the save file cause I don’t know which one it is.

Yes, the savefile might still be valuable to find repro steps.
If you can’t find the one before/after it disappeared, then one where you have rebuilt it might be fine too (I assume you rebuilt it in the same place).

1. Find the save folder for the saves you wish to upload. By default, they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install).
  2. Zip the folder.
  3. Right click the folder (should be a long set of numbers).
  4. Left click on Send to in the menu that appears.
  5. Left click on `Compressed (Zipped) folder).
  6. (Optional) Rename the folder to something different than the default set of numbers.
  7. Upload the save.
  8. If the zip is less than 10 MB, you can upload it directly. Either use the upload button or drag and drop it into the compose window,
  9. If larger than 10 MB, upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

Was this on singleplayer?