Difficulty placing items

Summary:
When I attempt to add furniture, workshops or decorations in or on a constructed building the job is not created and the house will be unable to be furnished or decorated unless the furniture or decoration was part of the original building plan. I have been able to get around this by placing the item somewhere else first and then relocating it to where I actually want it to be placed.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Design a Building.
  2. Wait for Construction to complete.
  3. Use the Place Item (hotkey p) command to try and place an item inside or on the walls of the house.

Expected Results:
The job is made and a hearthling completes the task

Actual Results:
No job is made.

Notes:
Designing a building with furniture or wall decorations still works normally, and manually relocating an already placed item onto a build allows it to be placed.

Attachments:
None.

Version Number and Mods in use:
Release 841
Version 0.24.0
Miner Profession mod
Armis Maximus Mod

System Information:
Amd 6300fx Processor
16gb ram
nvidia gtx760

Just as an update, this bug only occurs on buildings using the old building system, the new one seems to allow items to be added after its build just fine.

+1. Also having this issue. It’s incredibly frustrating and also prohibits adding decor to templated buildings. My version is unmodded release-843.

Edit: Bumping the thread, as it’s fallen 13 days down the queue. Still an issue in release-848(x64)[M]. I was being a dumbdumb!

The old build system is no longer supported and will be disabled in an upcoming release.

I bumped this thread today not realising I was experiencing the bug from a building I’d previously had to use “ib” on to complete. This is a symptom of the old builder and my mistake.

Thanks for investigating.