[Dev Blog] One Year Kickstarter Anniversary!

http://stonehearth.net/2014/04/29/desktop-tuesday-one-year-kickstarter-anniversary/

congratulations Team Radiant! :smile:

9 Likes

A year ago there was a hole in my life, a Steve sized hole.

ahem

Now I am surrounded by you beautiful people, whom I love equally, apart from a few of you who I love a little bit more, but Iā€™m not saying who that is. You can fight it out in the Thunderdome.

What a crazy year, it certainly seems like weā€™ll start to see gameplay functions come a bit faster now that the behind the scenes stuff has reached a good place!

Onwards!

5 Likes

No Offense to Team Radiant but I expected a lot more to be accomplished in one yearā€¦

Anyway, After that Downer lets :wine_glass: CELEBRATE!!! :wine_glass:, So in the old fashioned Irish way I shall get extremely drunk tonight and see you all in the morning with a hangover.

1 Like

Probably not me, seeing I have this. :wink:

6 Likes

Well I think the dev blog answers that nicely:

To be honest, Stonehearth is a much bigger challenge than we anticipated, mainly due to our no-compromise approach. We want a high quality simulation gameā€¦in full 3Dā€¦with detailed, animated charactersā€¦.and make the whole thing moddable. We have had our share of set-backs, but we have remained 100% true to our original vision of the game.

The reason is simple: we started this whole adventure not just to build games, but to build THIS game. A compromised version of Stonehearth wouldnā€™t be the game weā€™ve dreamed of, so we have no interest in doing that. Weā€™re building the game we want, no matter what it takes.

So stop being such a killjoy or Iā€™ll change your title to something mean!

2 Likes

We still love you, even if you are a failure :smile:

Woohaa A year already. Congrats.

3 Likes

loving the team breakdownā€¦ although with @not_owen_wilson, you clearly could have left it at this:

Chris. Mega coder #2. Canadian.

:smile: :+1:

4 Likes

One year and still going strong! Iā€™m absolutely in love with this game and how itā€™s progressing!

Lets raise a glass for another amazing year!

**恋悓恱恄! (kanpai) ** :sake:

That so made my day

2 Likes

Stonehearth update? Anything amazing? Anyone?

I believe - ā€˜Chris. Mega Coder #2. The Man.ā€™ would have been sufficient?

2 Likes

it seems bugs are being resolved hither and thither! :smile:

iā€™m looking at you @Relyssā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

Youā€™re calling Relyss a bug?! :astonished:

3 Likes

:cry: and I was here trying to improve my QA skillsā€¦
Here, have some more non reportable bugs:

Theyā€™re definitely evilā€¦

:smiling_imp: (old extra image because I felt like it)

EDIT: Oh, there are some interesting bugs on the other forumā€¦
:running: Time to testā€¦

4 Likes

Some things Iā€™ve noticed playing the updated alpha 3 release:

-It should say ā€œirrevocablyā€ for overwriting the save game, not ā€œunrevokablyā€ :stuck_out_tongue: .

-It was amusing to watch all my settlers decide to eat & sleep at the exact same instant.

-Speaking of sleep, they donā€™t seem to need much.

-At morning of day 3 & 4: lots of this: stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.lua:1299: radiant/lib/env.lua:6: assertion failed!

Thatā€™s all for now though - this release definitely seems an improvement over the previous alpha 3 :smiley: .

**Edit: **'Is anyone else chopping these trees? It it just me?'
Edit 2: Odd symbol in place of the apostrophe in ā€œIā€™ve chopped about a billion trees todayā€ā€¦ the apostrophe elsewhere looks fine, so Iā€™m thinking itā€™s a typo (same applies with ā€œToday, weā€™re chopping trees for wood. Iā€™m already sick of the wood jokesā€). Also ā€œNeed to build walls!! Thicker walls!!!.ā€ - note the full stop after the 3 exclamation marks at the end.
Edit 3: The turnips carried away to be eaten are tiny, and hover between your hands.

(What? No, Iā€™m not a grammar nazi, or even anal retentive. I prefer the term ā€œperfectionistā€ :stuck_out_tongue: .)

Sorry guys, but . . .

1 Like