Dev-2521 - hearthlings gather around fire for no reason

So I saved during night time, reloaded and came back in, night cycle ended, fire went out, but now the hearthlings are gathering around the firepit as if it’s night time and they need to warm up. Opening the roster shows they are mostly just idle, rather than doing assigned tasks. lua cb taking up anywhere between 50% to 80%.

They seem to smart moving again if I leave it be long enough

So it seems I kinda lied. Leaving it only doesn’t really fix it. Neither does reloading it. Looks like something happened and the ai is borked on that save. Hearthlings mostly just stand around the fire for no reason now. Even the couple who actually sometimes do stuff are often just stopping and going back to the fire without finishing what they started, doesn’t matter time of day.

I can’t speak to that specific issue, but I do have something similar. My Trapper tends to idle about when not doing Trapper-related work. Most of my others (Carpenters, Farmers, etc) will chip in with various tasks that need doing (like building or moving supplies to newly-assigned stockpiles). But not the Trapper. He just stands there until it’s time to check his traps. He does that well, at least.

Is there a timer on the trapper checking? because frequently I find him just standing around despite the traps being full. I put it down to a timer, but wasn’t sure.

But yes, that behaviour is similar.

On the other hand, the carpenter has a nasty habit of not doing his own job and instead helping build structures or stockpile items, instead of crafting.

This seems to be related to the current fire pit bug that they are working on fixing (temporarily patched for the next update, rumour has it). Your best bet might be to try picking up the fire pit and throwing it in storage for now to see if that takes some of the load off your hardware

2 Likes