Descendants of Númenor (MOD)

why i have known that it would end like this :sweat_smile: at the moment i have 9 mods ^^

2 Likes

I dont have abilities to code, but i’m fine at creating and in term of Lord of the Rings lore and universe i’ve a huge and massive database to creat XD ^^

2 Likes

Like @Wiese2007 wrote, MagicaVoxel, VoxelShop, StoneVox.
Those are all free.
Never tried Sublime, personally I use NotePad++ for coding.
But Sublime is probably better ^^

3 Likes

and its also free :wink: and has nice codecolors xD

1 Like

-I’ll take two!! ><D

1 Like

I use visual studios, but that’s because I personally used it for work before I started modding :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi! @Aviex

I waited a bit with this, cause you got me thinking (=

The tip of the sword is already the size of one voxel, (the model is scaled down 50%, that way there is more margin for details).

But I went back and gave the fuller a new shot :smile: :thumbsup:

Glamdring update (=

Previous to current version…

In-game

5 Likes

Glamdring G has my vote. Perfect!

Have Fun, Kyth

2 Likes

Yep, G looks great! …

1 Like

Thank you! ^^
I put quite some time into this one, the others feel obsolete now ><

1 Like

@Unatan2 _________
Thanks! ^^

If you could figure out how to make it glow(like a light source) when goblins/orcs/ogres were nearby that’d make the sword utterly perfect.

2 Likes

@Aviex LoL!

-I was just starting a topic asking how to make voxels glow, without particles and so ><D

@Aviex
Not when orcs and such are near, bur just the glow… Moonlight-blue like some of my text.

I know how to make effects that glow w/o particles. But I don’t know if you can set up cases(similar to the day/night time cases of lights).

I also tried to add this chunk of render info on my enchanted swords in my enchanter mod. But it appears to not work like it does on silver/steel bars.

"render_info": {
     "material": "materials/shiny.material.json"
  },
1 Like
{
  "type" : "effect",
  "tracks": {
     "cubemitter": {
        "type": "cubemitter",
        "cubemitter": "file(../../../enchanter/data/particles/cube_emitter/fire.cubemitter.json)",
        "loop": true,
        "transforms": {
           "x":-0.0,
           "y":0.8,
           "z":-0.0,
           "rx":90,
           "ry":0,
           "rz":0
        }
     },
    "light": {
        "type": "light",
        "light": "file(../../../enchanter/data/particles/lights/fire.light.json)",
        "transforms": {
           "x":-0.0,
           "y":0.9,
           "z":-0.0
       }
    }
  }
}

This is an effect, i’m pretty sure if you just take out the cubemittter part and leave the light it’ll glow without particles.

Though it looks like there’s some variable that might be needed to make lights glow always and not just during the night.

1 Like

Ah, yea, I know that one (=
Thanks though, that don’t really make it glow =/

I’ve made it burn, glitter and sparkle ^^
But the light effects don’t ‘stay’ at the voxels, they are dragged behind hmm…

Weird, when I had flames on my sword, it would emit from the point I assigned it to, but the particles would drag behind.

1 Like