Delet single blocks

i am a guy who uses alot of the “single block” tool in the old building tool…
now while i was testing out the new building tool i came across a major issue (at least for me)

we cant delete single blocks anymore :c

the selected block is the one i wanted to remove:
20180430120546_1

I’ve had good luck with the hole tool (the window looking one next to stairs tool).

1 Like

it worked… kinda… but now everything is red :x

It does look like it would be floating without the selected block in the picture. Is there more of this structure that would add support to those other blocks later? It may right itself if you add the supporting blocks.

1 Like

yes, its gonna be a tent…althought it seems its going to be much more… blocky with the new builder than it should be :,c

yeah that “you dont have semi floating blocks anymore even tho they are totally connected” is gonna be the bane of me

on another note… whats up with wanting to place single blocks but ending up placing entire borgships

that depends on camera angle, if you keep the mouse still or not, and or lag :stuck_out_tongue: @ borg ships.

also as one of the more “compact” builders here: blocks cant just hover somewhere, they need a connection either to the side, or to the bottem or they will be invalid. the way i usualy go around this is putting the “tent poles” of a tent on the outside (you can abuse the roof-tool, and toggle off drop-down walls), then layer the “poles” over with the block tool.
so you get a sort of
R P
A R P
A A R P

construction (sideways view)
wehere A is air, R is roof, and P is pole.

1 Like

the new building tool doesnt allow to name (and thus share?) templates anymore?

Replace “anymore” with “yet” and it seems to be correct.

1 Like

you can name them (left upper corner, hit enter after you decided on a name)
then hit save.

in stonehearths saved templates they will have a random name, but pictures name fits with the name of the design. you CAN share them. also if you play multiplayer, and want to use one of your designs as the joinging player, the host will need that file in his saved designs folder before he starts, otherwise you cant currently use them as the joinging player.

2 Likes

the finished product… VERY CRAMPED ENVIRONMENT I SO FORGOT ABOUT THAT :;C