[Dear Tom] Live Stream 4PM PST - Feb 14th 2014

Will the Big Game Hunter still concern him/herself with smaller animals? Or would early promotion be a bad idea as it would leave the settlement short on small game hunters?

You mentioned that the focus is away from Micromanagement. Will there be a GUI for crafting, controlling farmers, trappers, hunters, and their work areas, etc? Will I have to find the carpenter’s workshop every time I want to craft something, or can I press a button at the side of the screen and have any carpenter craft it?

Many thanks.

Some feedback on the modding manifesto thread would be appreciated I think.

http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/modding-manifesto/

@RepeatPan wrote quite a bit there, and I had a few suggestions too ( :slight_smile: ). Also have a look at the posts at the end by @Ramcat and @Miturion .

1 Like

I requested that twitchTV ad StoneHearth to the gaming list. And a week ago i got the confirmation.

So now you can reach out to more people on twitchTV :smiley:

4 Likes

yes, would be nice if he would answer those. But answering @RepeatPan’s ones will take the who;e stream :smile:

good work :thumbsup:

1 Like

What happened to the weaver? I thought it was the next class to be implemented?

I’m maybe able answer this. We have kind of come to an agreement with Team Radiant that is longer lasting and easier to use for us both, which is

So instead of going once through that huge list that I (and others) wrote, I’m collecting the most pressing questions and proposals every week, wrap them up in a nice, comprehensible and short package and send them over.

I haven’t gone through the modding manifesto yet and re-added all entries as I’m somewhat busy with Jelly. If you want something to be added, however, be sure to propose it in that thread - and I’ll take a look at it immediately. I expect to get all entries in the modding manifest into the requests by Sunday, but it might become next week.

It’s a long-term solution that hopefully benefits both modders and the developers. :smiley:

1 Like

I believe it will be pushed out simultaneously with the trapper, at least that’s the way I understood it. Not because they were holding back on the weaver, but because they made good progress on the trapper and can give us both in the same major release. :blush:

At least that’s the way I understood it. If I’m completely wrong I deny having said any of this…

The Desktop Tuesday (and other days) update is great, but it only gives one perspective, usually from either Tom or Stephanie. Could we get a quick update on what each member of the team is working on and what their next projects are?

• Will there be an in-game class tree where we can see what do we need to upgrade our villagers to get to any class??

• **What features needs the game to be in a Beta Stage? **

• **What will happen when we vhop all the trees in the map?? how do we get more wood?? **

• **What are those extra things we’ll see in the map that you mention in the dev blog?? **

Thanks for answering these!! you’re making a great job with the game!! :smiley:

Thanks for the insight.

If it is wrong, I will neither confirm nor deny the existence of said post.

1 Like

Will wild animals gradually replenish their own populations in-game so that it isn’t too much of a finite resource?

Will it be possible for some domesticated animals to become guard animals to assist your footman/other warriors?

Also you guys are the best, keep up the great work! Mad respect.

Are we gonna have domesticated animals, and raise them, get milk from 'em, and kill 'em?

Shall we be seeing horses, mules, donkeys, etc… as RIDE-ABLE animals for our cavalry?
Will we be getting exotic animals like ocelots, elephants, and quetzals?

how will the population growth work? will we get migration waves or family units?
also will we be able to assign people to live in certain houses

Will there be wild hamsters? And if there are, will they give a happiness buff which does something

Will there be an option to tell our workers areas they will go for harvest things?

I have a question for Tom.

Will there be Explosive like TNT, Gunpowder, etc in the game, and how will we be able to use them?

Will we be able to train train H.A.Y’s. Heavily Armored Yaks, or anything similar?

What will the world exploring mechanic be like? Because what if I would want to venture out and CONQUER THE WORLD with my army! How would you guys tackle the fighting and siege mechanic?

I deny my words O_o

PS: Twenty Characters

This is not a question, but it is in bold…