Crashes the game right after I pick a location to start at

Summary:

The game allows me to start a game fine until a certain point. It allows me to go through picking the race, biome, and difficulty, pick my roster, pick my starting gear, and which spot on the map I want to start at but this is where it crashes the game and brings me back to steam. I can pick the spot and pick start at this location and it proceeds to the loading screen but after the bar is completely full it crashes and puts me back on steam.

I don’t know how to get to the log or anything like that.

Versions and Mods:

Stone hearth is fully updated and these are the mods I’m using. I have the ACE, Combat Dash, ACE Armours, Kingdom: Elves of Veloren [ACE compatible], Beam - Hearthling Stats Customization, More Combat Animations (vanilla and or ACE), [ACE Mod] Composting, Trapper+, Trapper+ Taxidermy, Beast Pets, Primitive Armory, Nordlingmod [Kingdom] [ACE+Vanilla], Glassworks, Dani’s Core Mod, Smart Crafter, Extra Map Options, Fish Job + Archipelago Biome, Swamp Biome + Firefly Clan + Beast Tamer, Crafter training manuals!, Wizard Quest, and Space Magic. I put all the names the way they were spelt out on the community page.

I am playing on a mac because I don’t have a pc of my own yet. But the mac has a 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 for the processor, a 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 for memory, and an Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB for graphics.

Have you attempted basic troubleshooting steps here: Crashing on start? Read this! UPDATED October 18, 2016

I have tried this.

Notes:

I want mods that give me more customization options whether that be hairstyles and colors or decorative items. Also ones that include more jobs and such.

Add ace amours core, mod repairer
Remove smart rafter
High class adds combat classes
Miner works but needs an update for ace(author is looking into it), it can’t really use the outfits yet

Thank you I’ll look into those

Can you upload the stonehearth.log file? (found inside the game folder)
It contains all errors happening so it is easier to find out why it crashes

Sorry I’ve been quite busy the past few days I’ll look for it now

So should I upload a crash log?

Hi everyone, im getting exactly the same issue. Here are ht least few lines of my log - how do I fix this please!

2020-10-26 09:24:07.028103 | client | 0 | client.core | reporting client load progress 99.75%…
2020-10-26 09:24:07.037401 | client | 0 | client.core | SetCurrentUIScreen to restart
2020-10-26 09:24:09.290359 | client | 0 | client.core | Changed UI Screen after load
2020-10-26 09:24:10.360522 | client | 1 | horde.general | raw shader compile error: ERROR: 0:3: ‘’ : #version required and missing.
ERROR: 0:8: ‘attribute’ : syntax error: syntax error

2020-10-26 09:24:10.360617 | client | 1 | horde.general | Shader resource ‘shaders/voxel/deferred_lighting.shader’: Failed to compile shader.

Doesn’t sound to me like a mod issue did you update your video card drivers? (I suspect this is the first time you start playing? Or has it worked before?)

1 Like

The first time I played everything was fine, then I can never get it to load again. I uninstalled everything, restarted my laptop and then re-installed the game - then it worked fine first time again, but now trying to reload again it crashes.

I think I’ve fixed this error on Mac after patching ACE - if you download ACE direct from GitHub - chrismdp/stonehearth_ace: Main Mod repository. Master is only assembled and updated by organization; unstable-work is used for assembling, coding and debugging. into your mods folder then it should work now. Hopefully this patch will make it into an ACE release at some point!