Crash when defending the fire pit

Summary:

Game crashes when ordering red team (guards) to protect area around the firepit.

Stonehearth.log:

“Sorry, new users cannot upload attachments.”

“Body is limited to 32000 characters; you entered 34995.”

Ha. Let’s go with IPFS.

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmWcpAu39yc8zM2kF9pxETJYMRws4CtjG6LWyF5qzQ11SZ

Attachments :

crash.dmp : https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmcyhHokhjtgdDnp2by4ZSPwdMU98eSyZH8M2Q3cG1pg2M

Versions and Mods :

Alpha 24, release-860 (x64)

System Information:

• Processor : Intel® Core™ i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
  • Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
  • RAM : 8.0 GB
  • Operating System : Microsoft Windows 10 (build 16299), 64-bit

Have you attempted basic troubleshooting steps here: Crashing on start? Read this! UPDATED October 18, 2016

Of course

Notes:

Save : https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmQ6473dBjgpP9Et1ScCoZMPbYnZYKf9v696pJ1wEFMcRn

It should be the correct autosave, hehe. I was placing a template house for herbalist, when suddenly gobelins attacked. When they attack, I ring the alarm and order my brave warriors to protect area around the fire pit. Use the controls to fight with warriors, and after the fight is engaged, ask to protect the area around the firepit or the storage. The game should crash with 100% reproduction rate.

hmmm, you should be able to edit posts at the bottom of it… (pencil icon)
and about your crash i have no idea but in the log you have something interesting:
stonehearth:herbalist:workbench (iconic)) is in inventory of player_1 but is not in the world or in any container. This item is not accessible!

There’s no pencil icon at the bottom in my UI, maybe I’m missing some new user permissions.

I found the herbalist house template to be quite a pain to build. Very often there’ll be a random red block or some missing constructions to build by another character, maybe because his queue was full.

Is the craft queue a technical limitation? Because it’s very painful to place some building then realize the queue is full and I need to craft all the stuff manually, considering I’m new to the game and I don’t know what are the stuff used in the default templates.

Also… Some templates are missing for some jobs, like the Blacksmith and the Weaver. I’d like to have a template for each profession so I know that I have the required constructions for the jobs to be useful, that’d be great!

if there is no pencil then it can be what you stated

about the templates, you can turn auto queue to complete buildings
i believe there is a limit of 25 to 30 items to be in the queue (auto craft will keep adding stuff to the list over that number but you can’t :face_with_raised_eyebrow:)
you can check the furniture needed for the template in the dropdown list close to “build/pause” button

the red blocks mean that there is something there that heartling are unable to reach or there are more that 1 cube in the same position to be built. if it’s an unrechable place just add a ladder and it should work

templates are missing because some are for tier 2 towns. you will unlock them at some point
i believe there are not templates for every job so you’ll have to create your own too :yum:

This crash is fixed in release 862, which you can use by switching to the unstable branch (“latest” from the Steam betas menu). We do not currently plan to push this to the main branch in the immediate future.

Would you describe the “unstable” branch as “more stable than release”?

nope, unstable is the new features testing area
you will have some bugs fixed and new ones to deal with