When you craft an item that does not require a workbench, the crafter puts the items on the ground. Other hearthlings can then pick the items up while the crafting is happening. The crafting still finishes and you get back some of the items.
In the base game this can be seen when crafting a workbench, but it’s more obvious if you mod in a recipe with multiple ingredients and no workbench requirement!
Steps to reproduce:
- Place a stockpile on the ground.
- Craft a workbench or anything else that requires no workbench.
- Observe the crafter putting materials on the ground to start crafting.
- Observe another hearthling walk up and steal the stuff to put back in the stockpile!
- Crafting still completes successfully.
The materials the crafter puts on the ground to work on should be locked to the crafter while they are crafting. No item duping allowed!
Item duping is possible
Version Number and Mods in use:
Alpha 18 Release 656