Cleric Not healing

@Relyss
Try this save game. The second Cleric should not heal … maybe

Someone have the same problem with the Cleric in the lastest Beta-version? I promote an Herbalist, everything works fine but after i promote it to cleric the Hearthling fight like a soldier instead of healing my Warriors. Is this a common Bug ore maybe only one in my Savegame?

I will try today if this problem persist if promote another Herbalist to Cleric

Mine will still heal fine. Every now and then they will attack. But for the most part they heal.

1 Like

It happened to me at least once as well, but it got fixed after I saved and reloaded the game.

I also remember that they would use bandages after fights, don’t quote me on that, but maybe there is a problem when you promote them from herbalist to cleric and the game still treat them as a herbalist until you reload.

2 Likes

Oh ok thanks. I try to reload the game! :slight_smile:

After a fight, the clerics are supposed to help heal an injured hearthling that is lying in bed. It is just like the cook still works as a farmer if it has no other cooking tasks.

Yes, thats true but in all previous published Alphas my Cleric heals the Soldiers during the fight. In this case he only fight against the enemies and after a fight doesn’t help injured Warriors or other Hearthlings. I try a restart of this Savegame.

As far as I have noticed, a cleric is supposed to heal any hearthling in a certain range that is injured, and they are not needed to be a bed to be healed, and unlike the cook, the cleric can not craft herbalist items.

I think you are confusing the what the cleric is supposed to do with a herbalist, since it’s the herbalist that heals a hearthling that is injured and in a bed and requires potions/bandages to do so, while as the cleric is more of a combat medic (or a dungeon healer) since he does healing on the spot and does not require items to do so.

You are right in the fact that if there are no injured hearthlings in the area but there are enemies, they will start hitting the enemy in the same way a soldier would.

Hope it clarifies in any way.

1 Like

Well, partly. After a fight, if you have the fighting group patrolling and there is an injured hearthling in bed, then a cleric WILL act as an herbalist and bring potions and bandages to the bed. I have had 2 clerics and 1 herbalist all bringing things to the bedside. It is funny, instant healing and out of bed.

This changed maybe with the last published Alpha! In older Versions the Cleric heals the wounded Hearthlings simply when he was in his range. Without potions and bandages

Is your cleric in another battle party?

I’m getting the same thing, where the cleric just melees the mobs and doesn’t heal. Loading fixes it but it’s annoying. They’re in the same party, my guys are damaged and the cleric does nothing.

1 Like

no, i have only 1 party with all my soldiers.

Well, I met the same situation but that’s when I have 2 teams.

Okay, I just had this happen again on the latest version, a21r3362. :forlorn:

Here’s the save file:Cleric Error.zip (6.9 MB)

The cleric was with two footmen. She only punched the wolves during the fight and wouldn’t heal afterwards either, even though one ended up in bed. I tried many things to reset things - restarted, demoted to worker and back to cleric, turned on and off jobs and hauling, sent them back and forth with move commands. Nothing reset it so far.

1 Like

The only way to fix the cleric not healing is by saving / reloading.

Did she heal anything since she was promoted? Did you promote her to Cleric while the footmen were in combat, or just when she reached the appropiate level?

I managed to reproduce this fairly consistently by promoting the herbalist while he’s in town alert mode, but there must be other reasons that cause the bug. Sometimes they don´t heal, but after a while they fix themselves or they realize that there’s injured people and start to heal.

Basically they don´t get the “healing” target table, they just get the “aggro” one, so they only attack.
Hopefully the devs will manage to reproduce it soon too and get it fixed, this is on the list of prioritized bugs.

1 Like

Well, I did save and reload to try to fix it, but it hasn’t yet worked as of when I closed it down last night. I will try again later when I play.

And, nope, I had not promoted her to cleric during combat. There are enemies around (including the kobold chief’s camp), but I promoted her and then sent the group out after some wolves that were just standing around outside my stone fence. I had wanted them to get a little xp before hitting the kobolds.

1 Like

That’s not good :sweat:
Make sure that she has Job enabled. When I loaded your savefile, she started to heal immediately.

Alright, last night it finally reset the cleric when I started playing. Yay! :slight_smile: However, I have no idea why it didn’t do so when I tried before. O.o

So Zidsel joins the cult of mean clerics… all my footmen where even more in need of healing than the archer here. If i did not know better, i would think that Zidsel lied in her interview with the devs and that her passion isent really to be a cleric, but a footman :jubilant:

Edit note: After reloading Zidsel went nuts in enjoyment of her new role in the colony and healed everyone in no time.
I then promoted a weaver and he kinda did the same thing. He carried on as a worker after his promotion… So maybe the bug has nothing to do with the cleric class?