Class suggestions

You have my attention, do go on.

Well a merchant that has his shop full of wares so like The Sword of Mount Juli or The Great Axe of Grut but these times will be shadowed in the inventory but The sword of mount Juli is actually a broken long knife while the great axe of Grut is a massive axe with enchantments. So a merchant who sells you wares that have really impressive names but could be really terrible or the best weapon in the game

1 Like

I think you are going to need an Arborist class. To grow trees :smile:
Maybe a higher level version that uses magic and or harnesses magic from trees?

2 Likes

Could be something with that aura that ancient trees give off?

1 Like

We need a potter class. they would use clay (probably found only when mining dirt) to make plates, flower pots, bricks, etc. the talisman would be the pottersā€™ wire, crafted by the blacksmith. he would have two workshops: the wheel, where he makes the items, and the kiln, where he cooks them to harden.

2 Likes

As others have mentioned getting the right ores/resources from mining seems quite challenging at the moment.

A possible solution to this is a Prospector profession who will go out and locate ore veins for you. As the profession levels you could perhaps instruct them about what type of ore youā€™re looking for and they could check deeper in to the rock without mining as they level. Prospectors could claim/mark veins of ore on the Map.

An advancement on this profession could be Miner. A miner could be instructed to Mine a particular vein of ore. Once they get more advanced they could be asked to mine a particular ore type and then just go to the right vein to get it (a nice way to order your ore requirements). Perhaps a climbing ability would be good on miners too.

Both professions would need a speed boost as theyā€™re likely to go to more remote locations and some sort of survivability boost as they could encounter hostile creatures when they are far away from the base.

If itā€™s all too hard then never mind, but to me on the surface these seem like good ideas. :smile:

1 Like

After i have heard @Tom talking about the cook class on stream, he said itā€™s for fighting rot. I got a bit dissapointed, i want a bit more from the class.

The cook should be able to make both big meal and small meals. The big meals takes longer to make, feeds more and last longer. The small meals are faster to make but feeds less and last for a short while, but the workers can get back to work quicker.

And there should be some special meals with buffs like faster movment, more health or stay awake for longer (coffee) for a limited time (like 5 minutes)

2 Likes

So, Iā€™m one of those guys who likes to deforest an entire map then start over sometimes.

With the forester you can set upto a 49x49 area that a hearthling can plant saplings into. Said saplings would be specified similarly to the Farmers, eg. a drop down window with Oak or Juniper.

The Forester-axe would be made with a blacksmith consisting of: 2 Steel ingot, 1 Silver Ingot, 2 Wood, and a Farmerā€™s Hoe (being the most complex item to make in the game :p)

Planting Mechanics:
A forest needs at least a 7x7 are to plant a sapling, because of the chance of becoming an ancient tree. So, having a 49x49 area would allow for 49 saplings to be place in the area.

How it would level up:
Every sapling planted would get 4xp. Each tree chopped would give xp based on the type.
Small: 10xp, Medium: 15xp, Large: 20xp, Ancient: 30xp.

Forester Skills:
Level 1: Move 10% faster, and plant both Juniper and Oak trees.
Level 2: Chop 25% faster.
Level 3: Hold up to 12 logs at a time
Level 4: Trees grow 10% faster
Level 5: 1% chance for a tree that is planted to instantly grow and become an Ancient Tree of their respective type.
Level 6: When chopping an ancient tree; there is a 10% chance of harvest a magic log.

Magic logs would be required to make magic weapon later down the road.

1 Like

Weā€™ve actually had a few people already suggest a Forester class. Check out this thread:
Class Suggestions

1 Like

I agree with you BacMan12! I feel that the use of a baker could not only create meals but also minimize the space taken up by farmerā€™s crops. I remember seeing in the January 2013 archives additional crops for farmers such as wheat and what looked to be raddishes? Wheat in particular could easily be used for bread, etc. And, considering in the food section of the stockpile UI, there is a loaf of bread (and a pitcher of ale?) these could be great aspects to the cook/chef!

1 Like

I feel lazy to read all of the past post ( but I might read it sometime, not now ) so Iā€™m gonna list down all the classes I can think of for this game including their weapons and description.

Melee:

Swordmaster
Weapon: Single or Two-Handed Sword
Description: Mastering the art of swordplay disregarded their need for heavy armor and plating, trading defense for more speed and lethal hits.

Goliath
Weapon: Heavy Two-Handed Axe or Poleaxe
Description: Beast like warriors cladded in heavy dense steel armor and armed with heavy dealing-damage weapons. They are slow walkers and most recommended guarding important areas of your town.

Reaper
Weapon: Scythe
Description: Balanced soldiers capable of harming multiple enemies with one strike from his/her scythe.

Lancast
Weapon: Greatsword
Description: Elite soldiers wielding swords of tremendous size that can pushback enemy with one swing. They are slow but not as slow as the goliath.

Halberdier
Weapon: Spear
Description: Soldiers with hardened experience on the ways of battle. Their unwavering loyalty makes them resistant to bribery.

Assassin
Weapon: Dagger or Knife ( Throweable )
Description: The death troopers of any kingdom. Stealthy shadow lurkers that assassinate whoever is a threat to the one they swore loyalty. They are best used during night where visibility is low.

Eskrimer
Weapon: Dual Sword ( Each Individually Equipped )
Description: Fast attackers ready to strike with a second blade. They can dash to deliver a heavy knockback to the enemy but are vulnerable to magic.

Range:

Ranger
Weapon: Composite Bow
Description: Good scout and support. ( If FOW is implemented ) Their range of sight more sharp compared to any unit available.

Arquebusier
Weapon: Musket or Hand Cannon
Description: Civilians trained with the basic way of handling the innovative musket. Even if they deal heavy damage, their speed, melee combat skill and reloading speed is low.

Arbalest
Weapon: Gigantic Crossbow ( not the Siege type )
Description: Elite crossbow users wielding formidable crossbows that deal heavy splash damage. The downside are they are slow to reload and the crossbow needs to deploy.

Sniper
Weapon: Musket Rifle, Longbow and Salvo Crossbow
Description: All around masters of ranged weapons. They are the elite wielders of bows and musket, improving both the rate of fire and range.

Magic:

Mage
Weapon: Tome ( Magic Book ) or Staff ( or Stave )
Description: Basic practitioners of magic able to cast basic elemental and support magic. They lack physical defense so they are best as supporters.

Summoner
Weapon: Grimoire
Description: Magicians which learned the secret of familiar summoning allowed them to call their trusted companions anytime and anywhere whenever a battle starts.

Priest
Weapon: Holy Relic
Description: Devout aid to anyone in need. These divine followers can stave off the unholy and support the just. Their mind and heart might be unwavering but their bodies are very frail.

Tempest
Weapon: Holy Cross
Description: Hardened magic users ready to recieve heavy physical damage. Their strong sense of justice and temperance has made them resistant to any forms of debuff.

Elementalist
Weapon Elemental Stone ( or Mineral )
Description: Mages who are ready to take their studies of magicraft to the next step. Elementalist are casters of the 4 anima ( or natural ) elements: thunder, wind, fire and water. NOTE: No earth element since there is alread the Geomancer.

Magus
Weapon: Codex
Description: Magicians heavily relying on magic circles to cast spells. Best used as supporter since their spells deal heavy damages within a large radius.

Mounted:

NOTE: Add horses and give it the option to either ride or kill them ( you get horse meat for killing ).
NOTE 2: It doesnā€™t necessarily have to be horse always. If possible, dragons would be a good mount ( Flying or non-flying ).

Production/Villager:

Botanist
Item: I canā€™t think of something.
Description: Utilizing the gift of nature, they use different kinds of plant in order to concoct a wide variety of potions for various situations.

Dairy Maker
Item: Milk Bucket
Description: With the bucket at hand, they gather milk and convert it to different kinds of dairy product. LOL!

Bard
Item: Any musical instrument
Description: Men/Women with many intriguing tales accompanied with a soothing music boosts the morale of anyone listening to them.

War Mount Master <------------------ This isnā€™t a good name, I canā€™t think of something good.
Item: Saddle
Description: Masters of every tamed mounteable creatures. They are the ones responsible for preparing and training horses, dragons and any creatures that ordered to take to the battlefield.

Baker
Item: Wooden Spatula
Description: Makers of baked products like plain bread, cookies, biscuits, cakes, jam filled pastry and many more.

Preacher
Item: Bible
Description: Responsible for spreading the word of God and helping the needy, they increase the morale of the followers to the one true God.

Druid Farmer
Item: Druid Cane
Description: Druids assigned to plant and harvest mystical and abominous plants. From gigantic plants to carnivorous and dangerous fruits and shoots, itā€™s all under this farmerā€™s care.

These are all of it so far.
EDIT 2: Added even more class suggestion.

4 Likes

I just wanted to say, in a not very recent stream, Tom said they didnā€™t want to use generic mounts like horses, and something more like this instead.
Yes, somebody actually showed him this picture, and he said that a mount might look something like that. At least, Iā€™m pretty sure it was this pictureā€¦

Cute. But somehow it still resembles like a horse.

Ah, true. Well, you see, let me explain. Somebody showed Tom a picture of that deer the guy rides in Princess Mononoke. Then Tom said the it could be similar to that, but with shorter legs and bigger horns. So, somebody got him a (probably different) picture of a plushie version of the deer the guy rode, and he said it would be more like that. Soā€¦ yeah. Weaver makes mounts?

1 Like

i know that the devs are still in development for the class trees and enemies, but i just want to add in a few things if they have not been thought of.

A few classes and enemies iā€™m sure they are thinking of adding but still want to suggest: A cook, a mage, and a berserker (Much like the footsmen but fully leveled and moves faster and hits harder than itā€™s counterpart.)

a couple intresting classes i think should be added:
Morpher: Much like a summoner but can turn animals into soldiers for the town, but to keep it from being overpowered, some animals take up more mana too keep than others. for instance, a bear would take up a full bar like how three squirrel soldier would take up a full bar. (For some reason iā€™m now laughing and the thought of squirrel soliders.)

Assassin: Is able to keep invisible for short times, and can be used too search areas of the map. doesnā€™t do much damage, but can do major damage from an attack from the behind.

Brewer: Iā€™m sure this one is already being implemented since i saw that drinks were a food item, but still, the sooner the better.

Summoner: This one should explain itself, he canā€™t attack himseklf, but can summon help if needed. the higher the level, the bigger the beast.

And now a few Hostile charecters:
Murk: A swamp like creature thatā€™s slimey but shaped like a human. moves slow, but a hit slows down other charecters as well.

Hot head: A fiery orb that has a face, itā€™s main objective is too chase down and explode in contact with hearthlings.

Rabid squirrel: Itā€™s a squirrelā€¦ Thatā€™s rabidā€¦ I donā€™t reccomend petting it. (Would be funny if they occasionally raided your town though.)

The insane: Hearthlings that have lost their minds, roaming the land thinking that everything is their enemy. they will often times be gaurds in a fromer city, ergo they will be carryng armer and a weapon of some sort.

and of course, a motherā€¦*******ā€¦ dragon: Look on the bright side, if you donā€™t have cook, thereā€™s another way too cook your foodā€¦ as well as the rest of your arm too

1 Like

hey there @collierider12 ā€¦ welcome aboard! :smile:

you have some excellent class suggestions hereā€¦ tossed your post in with this older threadā€¦ :+1:

3 Likes

Cook i think is the most needed class :laughing:

I think a good idea for a class would be a Sculptor. It would branch off from the mason and could make Statues of various things for your city. I think it would be awesome to have a kind of Editing place for statues the same to way that you make houses just with smaller voxels, that way everybody could have some kind of statue unique to them! By far not a needed addition to the game but maybe in the final release of the game it would be nice. Technically this isnā€™t a class more of a job but stillā€¦

I moved 3 posts to an existing topic: Cook Recipe Ideas