[Class] Fisherman (Well thought out with pictures!)

Continuing the discussion from Fishing, Boats, Naval Trade:

I have mixed feelings about the idea of the combined fisher/trapper and I’ll explain why.
Fishing seems to be a different thing from trapping. Logically it requires a different set of knowledge and skills and offers different upgrades. Different enough so you can have an entirely different talisman item to promote to the profession (fishing pole). I can also hardly imagine a fisherman “taming” a fish, but I can easily imagine him catching rare “drops” and making items from them (like a golden fish jar or a pike on a plate wall trophy).

Trying to grab together different ideas:

• A “nets” early perk can allow placing net “traps” in designated fishing areas in rivers, providing fish/clay and rarely, gold, or on the banks, providing fish/crabs.
  • A “deepwater fishing” perk + a crafted boat can allow a fisherman to get clams (with a chance of pearl clams), corals, seaweed, bigger fish and possibly a treasure chest (or a boot).
  • “Trophy hunting” perk will enable rare drops from a skilled fisherman (pearl clams, trophies for crafting decorations, treasures, gold with nets etc).

He can also fight with his fishing pole, inflicting 1 point of damage and causing terror in enemy lines.

I feel the fisherman is not something of an immediate requirement but a complement to the possible global water overhaul introducing (under)water life.