Citizens leave holes in wall of house of certain shape

Title: Citizens leave holes in wall of house of certain shape

Summary: Inspired by the house Tom built when he played the game for a bit in the recent livestream (modeling for carpenter and weaver), I built a house with a bit sticking out in the middle of the front wall, with slopes in the directions of the sides, not the front or back (well, certainly not the front; not sure if I did the back, but I doubt it matters here). When it was done (except for some windows of course—note this thing again), the builders had left some holes in the front wall, just behind the sticky-out front bit. I’m sure the screenshots filed under Attachments will do a better job of explaining it than I am.

Steps to reproduce: Just build a house with a sticky-out bit, and make sure the roof doesn’t slope in the direction of said sticky-out bit. I think that should do it.

Attachments:

Versions and mods: No mods, latest release version in Steam at the time of writing, version 0.1.0 (release 114) according to the title screen.

System information:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX-version: DirectX 11
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

3 Likes

I think this is a bug with the building designer rather than the villagers. Because the roof hangs over the wall by 1 square, it cuts (or tries to cut) into the other wall, causing this. I also mentioned it some time ago (possibly when the first building designer appeared in an alpha) somewhere (probably one of the dev threads).

Yes, obviously it has to do with the roof overhang and such, that’s why I emphasized the shape of the house and the slope of the roof as much. That’s good to know that it was already pointed out, though. Let me refer back to the building designer feedback topic and see if it’s there. EDIT: Well, it wasn’t in that thread as far as I could see (although that design blog post for Clockwork Empires looks intriguing; will probably read that later on), but I’ll keep an eye out for it.

Might be a good time to say that this bug/mistake isn’t fixed in Alpha 4.

1 Like

I have this bug again since the last update, villagers are unable to finish walls and/or roof, with pre-designed buildings or custom made. Saving and loading doesnt help.