Citizens are freezing

Citizens are freezing…

release-453 (x64)
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.luac:134: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/events.luac:68: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:65>
[C]: in function ‘assert’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.luac:134: in function ‘resume’
stonehearth/services/server/tasks/task.luac:97: in function ‘self’
radiant/modules/events.luac:80: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:78>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.luac:78: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.luac:96: in function ‘_update’
radiant/server.luac:19: in function <radiant/server.luac:17>

what is that ? game is completly terrible ! i can not play !

edit the title to this topic to include the support and active bug tags. many of the people helping others (including myself) have those topics watched, so as soon as a new one comes up, they can hop right into the topic without having to look for it.

also, the game is still in alpha. early alpha. that last remark was unnecessary and rude. if you want help on something, insulting the game that is still a work-in-progress is only going to hinder you from getting any help, as people are unlikely to help someone who shows an open lack of respect

also, welcome to the forums

@8BitCrab do you know what’s going on, or know people who do?

3 Likes

I believe he was referring to the game rendering. Not the game itself.

I am far from the expert on bugs/bug fixing but I believe that this is a Lua overload problem. I would imagine the best way to deal with it is to start a new game. I’m curious how far into the game you are @Cihat_Yildir would you mind sharing your progress?

3 Likes

as @TurtleSquish Indicated, how far are you able to progress before the freeze occurs? what else is happening prior to the units freezing up?

Do all hearthlings freeze?
Which do, which do not?

im so sorry about my expression, i liked your concerns , thank you for your answer , i didnt expect that :slight_smile: yes i loved your game. i kindly want to help on this.

so i didnt pushing the limits when im in the game i just played 4 or maybe 5 hours Im improved people… you know I tried to build structures It took 3 hours as well , than , this error happend … game is paralyzed and …

i just sent this message without any patience. sorry. i belive you. we are waiting…

First time poster here. I’ve been lurking here since the KickStarter launched. I’m definitely experiencing some painfulness in the citizens going brain dead. I need to dig in and figure out how to get some good data to look through though.

This is occurring on 2603(x64)

collect_cpu_profiler creates a dated directory in profiler_output and then crashes out with an Assertion Failed:
_luaFileMapper(C:\rb\ihome\root\SH-OB-BUILD\stonehearth\source\resources\resource_compiler.cpp:93)

I know I’ve noticed that “idle” CPU time quickly becomes zero in the profiler graph and that eventually some actions that I queued up will be resolved and it definitely seems like a creeping problem. Unfortunately, I don’t have any more hard evidence to provide. The only other thing I know is that if I save the game, stop the client, and reload the game, there’s an initial burst of productivity but then they all start to drop off again after only a couple of minutes.

After loading a game with a population of 14, I’m seeing super heavy usages of ‘pathfinder’ for the first minute or two, and then it looks it becomes a fight between ‘pathfinder’ and ‘lua’.

I’m pretty lightweight as a Stonehearth user. I don’t run any mods and I generally only use the existing templated buildings when building my towns. Heck, I only learned this week that crates can be stacked on top of each other.

I am a software developer by trade and have access to knowledge and tools so please bug me if you think I can help track down what’s going on.

1 Like