Canceling a Mining Task while a worker is currently mining it causes them to Idle

Summary:
If you remove a mining section of yellow volume while a Hearthling is currently mining it, they will stand around and become confused at what to do next.

• There is a work around of going into the citizens page and disabling and re-enabling the mining option for that citizen, this will reset their AI brains and they start working again.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Set an area to be mined.
  2. Wait for a Hearthling to start mining the area.
  3. Remove the mining area and watch how the Hearthling starts wandering around idly.

Expected Results:
Hearthling should not get stuck doing nothing when there is more work to do.

Actual Results:
Hearthling AI becomes confused as to which task they should be working on.

Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Latest Steam version on 5/10.
Mods: Archipelago, Locks of Colour, Terrain Colors

System Information:
Intel Core i7 950 @3.07 GHz
NVidia GeForce GTX 760

I’m not sure - but I think this might not have anything to do with canceling a task, but workers may simply be dropping their tasks at random : /.

Unless you left a number off the front of your CPU model, it seems like you might be capping out your CPU usage? That would cause a lot of perceived idling.

Really? I may have, but I dont think I’m hitting any hard limit. I’ve also never had this issue before today’s download.

An easy check is to run stonehearth for a couple minutes, just do what you’d normally do, then tab out and check the task manager. If the usage is up there, then it’s probably a hardware issue. If not, then it might be a mod you’re running? Not all of them are right up to date with today’s builds, I wouldn’t think.

Those are just my suggestions, because I haven’t actually run into an issue like that yet myself. My hearthlings will idle sometimes, but only because they can’t get to a part of a building task or their path is blocked, something pretty clear and solvable. If yours are just standing around when there are easy tasks to do, you could try just saving and immediately reloading as a quick fix… if it persists through that then I’m not sure what would be going on.

It says its using ~38% of my CPU, so I think its ok. And yeah, I think its just a bug - not necessarily a computer issue… though it could be a bug with my particular computer set up.