Buildmode Errors - free-standing wall on foundation, release-763

Summary:

I tried to place a regular wall on a foundation in the build mode that causes the buildmode to crash essentially. I can’t remove individual elements, can’t use the control-z reversal and can’t add other elements.

Steps to reproduce:

1. load game
  2. enter buildmode while paused
  3. lay down foundation
  4. try to place a free-standing wall on it
  5. error fires when placing the second column (which then doesn’t get placed at all, leaving a single lonely column)

Expected Results:

I simply wanted a single wall on the foundation.

Actual Results:

Got an error instead. Also after that error i can’t remove the wall-column that has been placed, nor the building. can’t continue building anything without reloading.

Notes:

Had a similar situation where an error fired that rendered the buildmode ineffective until i reloaded, where i wanted to place a single block on a foundation that caused a similar phenomenon. Same thing happened when trying to place single blocks on top of wall built with the regular wall tool.

Attachments:

Three different error codes were spit out:

release-763 (x64)
…th/services/client/build_editor/wall_loop_editor.lua:205: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘assert’
…th/services/client/build_editor/wall_loop_editor.lua:205: in function <…th/services/client/build_editor/wall_loop_editor.lua:204>

release-763 (x64)
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:492: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'assert’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:492: in function 'building_is_started’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1023: in function 'filter_fn’
radiant/modules/terrain.lua:237: in function 'get_entities_in_cube’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1022: in function 'add_wall’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:169: in function 'cb’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1583: in function 'do_command’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:168: in function <stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:166>

release-763 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

Version Number and Mods in use:
no mods, current version found on steam, so i guess 22.5

System Information:

Windows 10, 64bit, 8GB RAM, i5-4460 @ 3.2Ghz, GeForce GTX750Ti

Welcome to the forum, @Horst724 :slightly_smiling_face:

Could you upload the savefile where you experienced these errors? Instructions:

1. Find the save folder for the saves you wish to upload. By default, they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install).
  2. Zip the folder.
  3. Right click the folder (should be a long set of numbers).
  4. Left click on Send to in the menu that appears.
  5. Left click on `Compressed (Zipped) folder).
  6. (Optional) Rename the folder to something different than the default set of numbers.
  7. Upload the save.
  8. If the zip is less than 10 MB, you can upload it directly. Either use the upload button or drag and drop it into the compose window,
  9. If larger than 10 MB, upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

The wall loop error sounds familiar, perhaps it’s related to the column placement, will merge if I find the specific report.

Thanks @Relyss =)

It was larger than 10Mb unfortunately. So here’s a dropbox link: Dropbox - build_error_save.zip - Simplify your life (also please don’t judge the chaos - the building that i want to design is supposed to be storage facility :wink: )

i’ll see if i can reproduce the second error i mentioned above with the floor placement.

p.s. I do genuinely enjoy this game!

E: So i was able to recreate the error with no problem at all.

The buildmode broke when trying to use the single slab tool to create a floor that isn’t actually floor.

Here’s the codes:

release-763 (x64)
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:492: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘assert’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:492: in function ‘building_is_started’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:232: in function ‘filter_fn’
radiant/modules/terrain.lua:249: in function ‘get_entities_in_region’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:227: in function ‘_merge_blueprints_in_region’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:291: in function ‘_add_floor_type’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:269: in function ‘add_floor’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:153: in function ‘cb’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1583: in function ‘do_command’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:152: in function <stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:150>

release-763 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

Recreation:

1. Place foundation
  2. Place Wall using the automatic tool
  3. add 2 columns outside as seen in the screenshot 1.
  4. place floor on the parts of the wall inside the origianl rectange
  5. use floor tool to add the 7x5 overhang from newly placed floor to the two columns,
  6. place new wall on top of the new floor creaing what is seen in the first screenshot.
    6.1 (optional - error occurs regardless of this step). place a colum inside the ground level room underneath the lonely corner usiong the slab tool for aestetic purposes
  7. use the single slap tool to try and cover the rest of the open space as seen in screenshot 2
  8. error occurs and i can’t build anymore until i reload. (If i save and reload i can do whathever i want except placing single slabs on the wall.