Building a castle! Would greatly appreciate input

Hello everyone!

In my current series of Stonehearth Alpha 15 I decided I would try my hand at building up a castle. I am fairly new to building in this game on this scale, I’ve rarely wandered to far out of the building templates provided to us. I would greatly appreciate any feedback, input or suggestions you all might have on this castle I’m currently building!

As you can see, the walls and outer towers are basically completed, I’m going to do some detailing on them at a later date but the “keep” portion of the build has been giving me some trouble.

If you want to see it in action you can always check out my current playthrough of Alpha 15 on my channel.

http:www.youtube.com/iduggles

Thanks!

11 Likes

Oh ddaammnnnn, that is splenderificous! Seriously, awesome job! =D:grinning:

1 Like

very nice project, looks amazing already.

Keep in mind the space your villagers need for scaffolding in order to prevent them getting stuck on it.

woah! dude, that’s amazing! do you perhaps have it saved as a template?

1 Like

Omg, good question. o.o

@iDuggles,

WOW-ZA!

Haha, awesome castle man!

As for input or suggestions, honestly, there’s really nothing I can say that you need to add to this castle. Good location, detailed walls in the towers I see using a mix of sandstone and… uh, brown… : ), stone foundation… yeah, everything checks out man! Good work!

AH! Wait. Alright, I’ll be jerk here actually. There is one thing to add… but this strictly my own taste in building. With your blue stone roofs, I’d recommend having them overhang by one.

Again, that’s just my personal preference.

Other than that, purely awesome!

-Surly

1 Like

Thanks! It has taken quite a while to get up to the size it is now, I’ve been using the slab function to build this up one brick at a time!

Haha thanks! Yeah I have been playing with the idea of adding a overhang to the towers, I think it would make sense for them to have one. This build isn’t complete so any more input is greatly appreciated and don’t feel like a jerk! =P

1 Like

I do have the surrounding walls and towers saved as a template, I would love to share it with you if that’s where you’re going with that question =P I would just need to know…how to do that.

indeed it was!

assuming you’re playing on steam, go to this file path,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_objects\stonehearth\building_templates

then find the .json file (most likely will look like a notepad file) and .png that have the same name as the in-game blueprint, simply copy those files and .zip them, to upload the zip to the discourse you can either use the upload button , or just drag and drop the file.

hope that helps/makes sense :slight_smile:

2 Likes