Bug wooden storage boxes tier 2

I lay out the boxes after 6-7 they grey out and never put any more storage boxes down.I do have enough boxes to lay out and slaves to do it…seems they need your Iron fist to save the day:D
I can post a save or a screen shot.I looked around and didn’t see it as a issue not sure if its reported or not.You may delete this post if you need no further feedback:)I’m loving this game.

hey there @bloodist, welcome to the stonehearth discourse :smile:

that would indeed help to better explain the situation.

seeing as your a new user you would/will have to upload the screenshot to a place such as imgur.com, if you could do that and provide the link i could embed it for you.

and the save would need to be uploaded to a file sharing site such as dropbox, googledrive, etc.

I’m going to put it all in dropbox link method:).The boxes in question start to happen alot more on and off after 6-7 are laid out.They do that transparent(grey out) and you can move them they just never put the box down ever.I’ve gotten as many as 40 boxes doing that on some games.15min for downloads to finish

Just the 1 box so far on this game.

1 Like

I’ve done some more testing and it seems all place-able objects will do this if you put alot down.Things like beds tables and chairs start to grey out around 15.The placements were done 1 at a time of the same object a new object placed only when the other 1 was put down.I can put other objects or the same object on top of the transparent object.It remains transparent however it start to cause a game crashing bug that eats memory after 3+My game gets laggier.It depends how much I’ve done and how many of the objects I’ve covered up before my screen flickers black to norm and back then freezes black with a small square in the bottom left of the screen still visible.

1 Like

that sounds like this bug then,

except for that last part…

It’s proablly my laptop not being high end.My Gaming rig doesn’t have the crash but I’m not playing on it do to the fact you managed to 100%cpu my 5.5 ghz quadcore.It is OC’ed and I do not want to burn out the cpu:DBoth of these computers can play games like EQ2 DDO SWTOR and ect.The laptop has the graphics tuned down to play those.

On another note I read a question you had asked"Try to remove the items from crate to see if it still happens?"IT does:D still happen.

1 Like

thanks for the feedback :smile:

I have been testing again and resolved my screen issue is with the unwindowed version.By switching to full screen mode my save became playable again.I started playing around with the box it let me use.I shrunk it down to the only part that wasn’t blacked out and it went back to normal but in a 4x4 inch box.I then had a lightbulb moment and realized it was a resouliton bug causing the blackscreen and
swapped to fullscreen mode problem solved on the blackscreen.Not even sure what why it won’t run unwindowed.

1 Like

I’ve started to get the same black screen problem again.I think its related to memory and cpu usage.
Heres some data I’ll follow this up with a cpl dropbox saves(they will take over 1hr to upload with dropbox)
Laptop spec 3.2ghz dual core 4 GB ram OS win 7 64 bit GMA 4500 MHD graphics intell onboard.(latest drivers everythings up to date.The laptop does great at the start of the game.I get 10 villagers
I go from 60fps+outside of caves to 10-25.Inside the caves I’m getting 60+ until villager number 13 comes out.Villager number 13 takes outside of cave fps to 5-10.It causes the black screen issue at around 14-15 and the cave will freeze at the same issue with the same problem.I’ve learned the greyed out boxes make it happen faster,however even without greyed out boxes the issue still occurs.
Desktop 5.5ghz Quadcore 16GB ram OS win 7 GTX970(as above everythings up to date)
The game plays great!I don’t really noticed problems until 20 villagers.(I do run into the usual reported Lau issues on both and know how to work around even the memory eating 1 from killing goblins)my fps goes from 70+ to a staggering 20fps(3-5 buildings)I’ve at most managed to get 26 villagers out before I had the same issue as my laptop did with the blackscreen and little square.
The game still runs albeit at less then 5fps and very choppy behind the black screen.I can even shrink it down to the little square and play on a mini screen with awful fps.
I can get in 6-15hrs of play on any game.(6hrs laptop 15hrs desktop)
I’m bored of the game atm and will be stopping my testing for a few months or until I see a new fix that will make the game more playable on my laptop.It was fun:D! If you need any other info from me plz ask I’ll get around to getting it to you.Peace out folks!

1 Like

hmm… i’m going to page @Albert for this…

1 Like

The Intel GMA 4500 on the laptop is really slow and below minimum spec, so I’m not too surprised. The Intel chips don’t become decent until the HD 3000/4000+ series.

Visit us again in a few alphas! We’ll have a bit more content and hopefully most of the CPU issues resolved.

4 Likes

My bad its a 4500HD* and is the recommend compatible with the steam page.Nether the less
still having the problem on my gtx 970.My internet is currently down I’ll get those save asap:)
(GMA graphics media accelerator)It is both albeit not open GL4.+ compatible

Stonehearth on Steam Please update this if its off for recommended
just incase someone forgot to,but according to that my graphics are above and I’m running
at par.No ill feelings behind this at all.Its my bad for forgetting the the suffix HD .Thank you again
for the good times I did have until I got bored:)(I’d like to build a 10 building town on top of a mountain
not possible for me atm)*Edited:Maybe add direct X compliance Open GL compliance or that other junk to avoid confusion.I do notice my open GL4 desktop has more graphic options after alot of digging I found out they only work on GL4+

I saw this post in my updates as resolved today.
Thank you for your work on this problem!I no longer have the awkward square boxes in
the bottom left screen on desk or laptop.Most of those memory leaks are patched.
I manage to get a game of 35 hearthlings going on my desktop before a memory leak pops up nowdays:D.
Awesome work!

2 Likes

Hey there @bloodist, glad to hear that the game is playing so much better for you now!

Yeah, we are going through the old(er) bug reports to try and clean them out before Alpha 13 comes out.

1 Like