Bug : No non-made items in current Building menu

Summary:
I am unsure of when this began to occur as it seemed to begin happening randomly, but whenever I am building a new building in the old builder there are only doors, windows, decorations or furniture in the menu’s appropriate sections if i have at least one in storage somewhere. This is therefore making it almost impossible to design a new building as i have to know exactly which components I want before even starting the design process.

I doubt it’s any of my mods in my local files as I’ve had them for a very very long time and never had any issues, and the only mods I have recently subscribed to from the steam workshop are the Lorki Biome and the Mining Profession, both of which did not solve the issue upon deactivation.

Steps to reproduce:

1.Open new building template builder and click on any of door, window, decorations or furniture categories.

Expected Results:
All category appropriate items, either in the town’s storage or available to be built by crafters, is shown and able to be used in the new building template.

Actual Results:
Only category appropriate items currently in the town’s storage are shown.

Notes:
When I load the first save this bug began to appear on, I get two error reports.

“release-826 (x64)[M]
stonehearth/services/server/town/town.lua:346: assertion failed: task group “stonehearth:task_group:common_tasks” not yet created
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘error’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:247: in function ‘assert’
stonehearth/services/server/town/town.lua:346: in function ‘join_task_group’
stonehearth/components/job/job_component.lua:700: in function ‘_add_to_task_groups’
stonehearth/components/job/job_component.lua:104: in function <stonehearth/components/job/job_component.lua:60>”

and

“release-826 (x64)[M]
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:”

I am sure I have had these error reports pop up upon loading the save before this issue began to occur, but I thought I had best include them.

Attachments:

Image showing only furniture in my storage appearing in the new template builder:

Image showing I do have high level crafters, so there should be non-stored items available to place:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Stonehearth 0.24.0 (release-826) x64 build

Mods in local files:
Piles_Plus
achipelago_biome
Balista
Commemorative_items
craftmod
desert_transition_temperate
fornjotr
homesweethome
minecart_and_rails
plains_biome
rivers
roll_for_need
royal
swamp_goblins

Mods from Steam Workshop:
armis_maximus
canyon_biome
cookmod
finery
lorki_biome
miner_prof
settlementdecor
signery

System Information:
Processor: 4.0GHZ intel core I7 6700K Quad Core CPU
Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Motherboard
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Graphics Card
Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz DDR4
Hard Drive: 1 x 2TB SSHD Hybrid Hard Drive
PSU: Corsair RMi650 650w Gold Modular PSU
Operating System: Windows 10 Home

1 Like

I forgot to mention I am having this bug in every save I make, not just the one in the screenshots that I first noticed it on.

+1 to this topic. Same alpha build. No mods.

I was half-way through a new world when this bug hit upon loading up the game one morning. I do not know if there has been a recent update (maybe Alpha 24.6 Now on Steam Unstable – Stonehearth did it) but this now happens in every new game too.

Tried cancelling and replacing the blueprint, re-promoting carpenter and masons, loading and unloading, starting a new game, and even uninstalling to see if it’s some cached error.

2 Likes

+1 Having the same issue.

Running no mods, fresh install (as new user).

1 Like

I believe this bug can be ignored now as on the unstable branch, as of the Alpha 24.7 release, the new building designer is now available and this problem does not occur within the new building.

2 Likes

actually not true for people who still use the old designer… ESPECIALLY since you cant edid old templates with the new designer…apparently

I would rather it was not, if I were to speak for myself or on behalf of others. The new builder has issues, can only really do “pretty boxes” rather than complicated designs, and is currently rather cumbersome in my opinion. I would like to continue using the old builder whilst the new one is tweaked and finalised.

To each their own i guess 'cause i’ve been able to make a lot of detailed stuff using the new builder that would’ve been impossible for me in the old builder XP. And if they’re bringing the new builder onto the stable branch at some point and replacing the old one completely, is there much point focusing on the old builder if it’s just going to get scrapped? This is assuming the initial issue is only occuring in the unstable branch and not the current stable release.