Beta r868 On Steam Unstable - Northern Alliance!

Stonehearth is also loading slowly for me since I started using unstable Beta. In game starts lagging pretty bad after playing around 45 mins, causing me to save and quit, then reload. It wasn’t like that on stable Alpha 24+.

I like the Northern Alliance campaign in the new Arctic biome! I did get some issues though.
I started with the merchant caravan loadout having talismans for Archer, Trapper, and the Herbalist.
It was tough having only the Archer as a fighting unit for so long, as there are no merchants coming by to offer other job talismans. It finally got better when my Herbalist could become a Cleric, only because I was lucky to buy some leather.
As mentioned, the supply shelves and tables can’t use this biomes specific resources: potatoes, snow poppy, etc.
I could not place down the stone candles either, but it was mentioned they are used for another recipe? I haven’t gotten an Engineer yet, so maybe they use it?
I got the tier 3 town upgrade, decided on the rabbit one (Knut? not sure of the name) It said I can now build masterworks, but I didn’t see any new recipes for my crafters, so I’m not sure what this is.
Oh, and my upgraded Hearth was for Cheer, which provides random buffs everyday. I see when the day changes, it glows and some items appear at my banner (ores, jerky) but I can’t notice if I received any “buff.”
I made it past Ogo, actually because I had those goblin totems placed, they sent another army at me at the same time! It wasn’t very hard, though. I had 4 military guys, but my herbalist had plenty of buff potions that I used (Strength, Stamina, Energy, Courage)

Not sure if this kind of bug was reported
hotkey_save.zip (9.2 MB)

3 Likes

Love that fireplace :jubilant:

4 Likes

wait they have a new fireplace?

i have never seen that fireplace before at least :smiley:

It also has this extra thing i never seen before

1 Like

It is modded.

Do you know from which mod?
it’s really nice thought it was part of the Northern Alliance first :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure but in previous versions current owner shows at first position

2 Likes

Yes, Radiant used the same naming for the stone recipes that I use in my mod - which makes sense, since I used the same naming pattern they use for the wooden windows :jubilant:

I’ll probably remove my own stone windows entirely now that there are official ones (and change the arch windows to fit their style)

2 Likes

Sometimes lings dont respect doors :smiley:

2 Likes

After ling put Font of Summer he is jump to top of it :smiley:

I had something a little bit funny happen to me today. Not a bug, just a funny story. I started a new town, and am building up my millitary very slowly. Day 15 and I only have one archer and just now promoted a cleric. Now that I have 2 in my mighty army, they both decided to hunt some deer. My cleric got just far enough ahead of my archer that he would scare the deer to run, keeping it out of my archer’s range and my cleric could never catch up. Because of this they ran all over the map before I noticed it never quite getting close enough to the deer. My game speed was max while this was happening and I just had to load up the Benny Hill theme on youtube to make it perfect lol

So, I don’t know if its intentional, but the normal and simple stone garden lanterns are off-center. Personally drives me nuts.

3 Likes

I feel like our workers needs to get smarter for mining or auto ladders one or another because pretty much every time you dig you get hearthlings stuck one way or another either in a hole or you end up having floating stone blocks that you have to add 500 ladder to mine down all the flying stones :slight_smile: would love for an improvement :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I was checking out my town again. I have attained Tier 3 with the Font of Fortune. It is placed in my town and when I click on it it says it is of Knot, spirit of the wheel. On the mason’s crafting menu he is named Knut, so there is a spelling error, I believe it should be Knut, cause I’ve heard of that name from northern native people.

But the real issue is, that in my Town Overview menu, under Bonuses, it says I have the Font of Summer, which grants +1 to Mind, Body, Spirit. However, no Hearthlings actually received any +1 to stats.
So the bug is that I am supposed to have Font of Fortune bonus, but it says I have Font of Summer without actually getting any bonuses.

1 Like

Home Sweet Home has fireplaces in it, if you’re using that one.

Also not sure if this was a typo, an homage to a company in Minnesota (since Allie mentioned living there in a stream), or an intentional mistake given the flavor text:
screenshot%202018_07_02__18_26_18

Supposed to be “Lighting from a simpler time.” ?

1 Like

:smiley:
Thank you very much Team Radiant! Im very honored to have my name in such a great game! Now I can even pester the players themselves to add more gingers to their settlements via raiding them. The legacy lives on in the hearts of all ginger Hearthlings!

9 Likes

I shut off the storage mod and reloaded the game. The issue persisted.

1 Like

Hello everyone !
i woudl like to know where i could get all information about the new Arctic biome
im using TobiasSabathius’s Taiga biome, id like to tweak it to use Arctic Fauna and flora, maybe the climate effect with the terrain color, but im quit new with modding here and cant find the vanilla biome infos anywhere

Or maybe the simplest way, edit Arctic biome to use taiga hills and fog intensity or climate, i realy dont know it works. Happy to learn from you guys