Beta r868 On Steam Unstable - Northern Alliance!

Playing NA. Got a few game days under the belt, so I’m giving my first impressions.

In a sense, this is Hard Mode for Stonehearth. With the snow slowing everything down, food seems to take forever to grow and I’m growing old watching the little guys try to build new structures.

Seriously, I’m 22 game days in and there’s 4 whole buildings up.

I must ask the question as to WHY do I have an RC merchant swinging through to sell me pottery rather than someone useful? And why is she more common to see than anyone else? I’m 22 days in and not nearly close to having a weaver. I have a potter. I seriously need a weaver. But, for the moment, the weaver is well beyond the horizon. It would make more sense for a fairly common occurring traveling merchant that sells hoes, spindles, and etc. Particularly because it’s going to be quite some time before I get a carpenter going.

And this testing is done on peaceful with the merchant caravan loadout. If I’d gone on anything but peaceful, I suspect I’d be screwed sideways and royal.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention that the traders that come through want Farmer’s Hoe… I’m still light years away from a carpenter. This applies to ALL the traders that have come through, of which there’s been five or six.

EDIT #2: Curiously, there’s no pre-fab housing for the blacksmith. Is this intentional or an oversight?

EDIT #3: Also, the stocking tables and such for the craftsmen don’t hold the new NA items like the sweet potatoes and herbs.

1 Like

I don’t think the pine/juniper variants are needed, with snowy weather the temperate biome skins would be perfect. As for the ground I think this golden grass is really good, alternatively a dull purplish brown would fit very well. When it comes to tundra setting I always recall Age of Mythology colour palette:

1 Like

Okay, reiterating the gripe that the new ‘foods’ aren’t registering as foods particularly in the case of chests and tables. My trappers have bug meat all over the place, but since it’s not in chests the cook isn’t doing anything with it. This makes the game unnecessarily harder and, while I like the NA concept, I’m thinking I’m going to take a step back from the frustration until you guys toss in a patch to fix this.

1 Like

Ummm my hearthlings are putting the new foods (pork, venison, bug meat) raw and cooked versions in chests. Are you using a storage mod?

1 Like

Insta build works with, what can be considered, “normal” buildings. There is a threshold of fixtures, I think. Most of my temples cannot be IB’d.

Same as engineer. Hope WIP still for for these and more Tier2/3 buildings will come.

is some parts of the music inspired by braveheart? :slight_smile: one of the songs sure sounds a lot like it atleast parts of it :smiley: love Braveheart :smiley:

1 Like

I was gettin’ a bit of Titanic and the Lord of the Rings movies too lol

1 Like

defiantly heard some shire in it also :smiley:

1 Like

Do you only fight 1200 hp varanus on normal mode early on?
They keep rolling in more of those big hp guys or big wolves
Feels a bit odd to fight early on

1 Like

Bug? Tall Stone Windows
Not sure if it’s a bug or if it’s one of my mods but my stone mason never make the tall stone windows and even if i craft them they are never used. I have removed the mod lostems because conflict but even after that in a new game the same things happens to me.

bild

Is it perhaps Glassworks that’s having a conflict with vanilla?
Yepp seem to be the case

2 Likes

The medium raids early on could be because your military strength is higher, thanks to the archer.
Due to this I’m also concerned about the ability to get a cleric outside the loadout that contains the herbalist staff, we’ll see if we add some early shop or something, or let it be just harder than in RC.

Yeah, I think some more templates are in the make.

It’s used as ingredient for one of the iron lamps I think :thinking:

Justin is working on grouping them at least by mod, afaik.

This is strange. Goblins can only ask you for items that you already have in your inventory. For example, if I start a game, make a stockpile, and cheat the campaign to start, they sometimes ask for Carpenter saws, as I didn’t promote anyone (but I can’t really craft them as I don’t have a Blacksmith).
That said, NA starts with stone, so it’s strange that they asked for Oak logs :thinking:

1 Like

Maybe it is related to the filler material, at …encounters/shakedown.json:

"filler_material": {
     "stonehearth:biome:temperate": "stonehearth:resources:wood:oak_log",
     "stonehearth:biome:desert": "stonehearth:resources:clay:clay_mound"
  },
2 Likes

i kinda wish that game would balance on how long you played and how far you progressed in the story line instead of your own military strength it’s bound to create these weird situations.
That way it’s a lot easier to balance gameplay.

Good catch!

Oh and the critter raids on farms was an awesome addition. Though sometimes the cuteness factor gets the best of me and I just decide to let em eat the crops.

1 Like

When playing together in multiplayer my friend gets notifications that’s not related to him such as spawning animals to hunt with northern alliance even tho we live far away and wonderinf if i maybe even get his spawns

There’s an issue I have been running into lately that wasn’t an issue before for me. Stonehearth seems to load up pretty slowly. Roughly timing it this morning, it took nearly 4 minutes between hitting play on steam and the game’s window opening. Doesn’t sound like a long time, but when waiting for something to load up it feels like forever. Nothing else on steam that I own, like Skyrim or Subnautica, takes more than a few seconds after hitting play. This may or may not be an issue I just thought I’d mention it. I’m on the latest unstable beta build and I do have mods added from the workshop but I disabled them all to play NA to avoid problems. For reference my system specs: i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

1 Like

If this happens only the first time after each version is released, then it’s the antivirus scanning the game before it lets it run. You should be able to see its activity in the task manager.

1 Like

Stonehearth indeed starts slower is same for a friend of mine also. Takes way longer than any other game.
Been like this latest patches not sure exactly when it started but maybe month ago